truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sick Day

Yesterday Kristi, Shane and I made a spontaneous trip to Mitchell to visit our mom, brother and the foster babes. It was so great to enjoy a spontaneous "road trip" with Starbuck's lattes in the cupholders, knowing the we got to squeeze some really cute kids as soon as we got to mom's house. However, I woke up that morning feeling a little delerious and ended up getting quite sick while in Mitchell. I hate the flu. I don't do well with being sick.

My mom's foster kids crack me up! They are a riot. The 3 year old and the 11 year old continually burst into laughter when Shane says, "Stephanie make fish? Stephanie make Donkey? Stephanie make babies? LOBSTER!" These kids are hilarious. One day my mom phoned me and said that they were saying "Stephanie make Donkey" to each other for about 10 minutes and after 3 year old said it, they would burst out laughing. Then the eleven year old would say, "Stephanie make fish" and they'd burst out laughing. It's good to know that my name can bring such weird joy to such cute kids!

When I got home around 7 pm last night my wonderful roommates promptly put me to bed with a hot pack, a barf bucket, some water and some drugs. I think I was in bed for a total of 15 hours straight. I woke up this morning feeling a little bit better which is good.

Well, I'm going to nurse myself back to health!
Have a great day, everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

rest, relax and get better soon! <3

Tuesday, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Courtney said...

hope you're feeling better!!! xoxo

Tuesday, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Yuk. Get better soon! (said from a sick girl who would love to climb into bed if it weren't for my 2 little rascals needing some attention!)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007  
Blogger lee said...

i visited your ma before i moved... one of the highlights of the visit was the oft heard phrase "say no to crack". no to crack...

Wednesday, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

haa haa - "No to crack!" is a common one in that household!

Saturday, January 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home