truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Monday, January 01, 2007

onething or nothing

I choose onething over nothing and that is a good thing.

The onething conference was a good, stretching, difficult and a well-worth-it experience for me.

My cry this weekend was to become lovesick. I so desire to be lovesick to the point of being ruined for anything less. Even in the pain of desire, I want to long. Even in the ache of hunger, I want to be only satisfied in Him. I don't want this just to be my cry for today or tomorrow - but for 50, 70 years from now. I want to live a life of longing for the Son of Man and a life of encounter with Him.

The first day was the best day for me. God confirmed different things in my heart and revealed to me in a greater measure what He is calling me to. I don't fully understand it yet but I say yes to Him. Mostly, I felt a greater call to intercession. If I want to know Him, I need to spend time with Him in the secret place. Intercession is a place of aligning my heart with His heart. It's hearing what's on His heart and praying it back to Him. Full agreement and partnership. It astounds me that the Uncreated God who sits enthroned in glory wants to partner with weak humans. Thank you Jesus for making this possible!

The weekend was filled with encounter, confirmation, major sleep deprivation, lack of food and 12,000 - 15,000 people worshipping God. So wonderful and so difficult all at the same time!

I am so excited to be back home in Winnipeg. Yes, in Kansas City the weather was so mild that we were walking around in short sleeves and some even went as far was wearing shorts and sandals...and when I got home there was a foot of snow and it was actual winter weather... but I'm still so excited to be here. I missed my sister, Shane, Shaun and family so much, the people at Sanctuary, and my home. I love it here!

Welcome to 2007.
My desire is to fall more and more in love with Jesus by revelation of who He is.
To be faithful in what He's calling me to.
To know this love that passes knowledge.
To love others the way that I love myself, which only comes from knowing the love of God.

Thank you for all your prayers over this past weekend!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger shaun said...

That's pretty sweet Steph.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Glad you're back safe and sound! Happy you had an awesome time!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home