truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Very Merry Merry

Yesterday I got pulled over by the cops.
Getting pulled over by the cops usually means that you're driving a car, right? Well, I got "pulled over" while walking across the street. When I was crossing River and Osborne, the bus signal light came on and, because it meant that the walk signal would be on momentarily, I started to walk. This cop all of a sudden starts yelling at me from across the street and waving me over. Then he begins to describe my crime and that crossing the street at any point other than when the cross signal is on is illegal. There is a $92 fine for illegally crossing the street. He let me off easy with just a stern warning and not a fine.

I realize that I'm not very good at being reprimanded. My first reaction was a annoyance and a little bit of anger (I was hurrying home to meet my roommies for our Christmas dinner). But then I realized that this man is in authority and I, technically, am not. Then I had to fight tears on the way home. There's something about feeling like I let someone down...I think it's shame...that makes me cry. By the time I reached my house the whole situation was kinda funny, though. We had a good laugh. I'm very thankful for the warning and not the ticket. I will definitely think twice before I cross the street.

Then my roommates and I had our Christmas together. We all made a different dish (I was in charge of the chicken) and we ended up having a really good dinner! Then we opened our stockings, collectively read the Christmas story and then opened gifts! I got a necklace, a candle and holder and an awesome mirror that was hand-crafted by Kendra, who had my ticket. It was super fun being able to hang out together and simply enjoy our time together, good food and the holiday season. Thank you Jesus for my roommates!

Tonight I'm delivering Christmas hampers to three different families in Wpg. with my work. I'm really excited! The last few days I've had the privilege of being able to shop like crazy for these families! I'm excited to see the faces of the little kids when they get their baskets and boxes. It's so much fun to give!

I leave for Onething in less than a week.
I'm soo excited! Ecstatic, really.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Have a safe and joyous holiday!
(ps. It's actually Dec 21st...I have to fix my date)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww Steph! Getting pulled over by the cops is never fun, I would have cried too.

Enjoy spreading love with those hampers tonight.

(One Thing countdown is definately on!!)

Thursday, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Kristi said...

I totally would have cried too! I don't take that kind of thing well! You handled it well!

Thursday, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Cops and tears go hand in hand for sure! It is a funny story, though. They must be having a 'slow' season to pull over a pedestrian! haha!

Thursday, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home