truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Friday, January 05, 2007

Hello, I'm Stephanie and I'm your new PIANO teacher!?!

So I was fiddling on the piano this evening trying to learn a new song when we got a knock on our door. Annie and Marcia answered it to find our upstairs neighbour and her son. She asked for me and then asked me to teach her youngest son piano! Haa haa. How great is that! I told her that I didn't know how to play piano well enough to teach but one of my other roomies might. After we said we'd think about it and they left, I ran upstairs to their house and gave them the trusty piano sheets that Yvonne provided at our "run-down" piano lesson a few months ago (thank you, Yvonne!). So, he's now going to learn the sheets, which chord is what, etc. and hopefully he'll be coming over in the next few weeks, even if it's just to look at the piano and know which keys are where. I'm so honoured, surprised and excited. I'm amazed at how happy I am about this. The thought of teaching someone how to play an instrument really excites me, even though I'm not qualified. (I'll teach him as much as I know and hopefully he can learn from there...)

I'm happy to know that my piano playing doesn't actually scare people away...

...Let's just see if they come around asking for voice lessons ; )

4 Comments:

Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

That's so funny, and cool!

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Christina said...

ha ha, I love it! Go for it Steph!

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger shaun said...

Rock on my sis!

Saturday, January 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

steph!! you found me. yay. is there any chance i could be your first voice student? or maybe you get tim to teach me:)

Sunday, January 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home