truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Monday, January 08, 2007

Emergency Room

I just spent the last 4ish hours at the ER. One of my friends dislocated her shoulder and needed a lift to the hospital. The wait was insane! She got taken "in" almost right away - meaning she was allowed to wait in the back on a hospital bed for about 3.5 hours instead of in the actual waiting room. (I was in the waiting room) I was amazed to see the amount of people in the Emergency on a Monday night.

In my mad dash out of the house to pick her up, I completely forgot to bring any reading material (Bible, journal, etc) at all. I spent the first bit of the wait praying and THANKING God for my health. It's incredible how much I take my health for granted. Then I started chatting. It's so funny how I sometimes seem to act so much like my mother. She can start up a conversation with anyone, anywhere.

People I met (and people to pray for):
-Young boy (17ish) with heart problem. Was tired of the wait and left without seeing anyone.
-Young woman with blood clot in her lung.
-Cute couple with a beautiful baby girl. Dad looked very sick. Wasn't sure what it was.
...and many others.

Not only did I realize how thankful I am for my health (and how much more thankful I need to be!) but I also don't know if I could work in a hospital. I've always been somewhat interested in the medical field but being there made me kind of sad. I wanted to sit down and pray for everyone sitting in that waiting room. No more pain, no more sorrows...not just physical healing but emotional, as well. There was so much fear, sadness, anger and loneliness.

It was fun to be able to help her out. This was our second adventure to the ER in the last 2 years or so on account of her shoulder...we've decided not to make this a tradition. So after a few hours of waiting, praying, thinking, thanking, chatting, praying and waiting... I took my druggy friend to her home. I pray for complete healing of her shoulder. Amen.

Now it's time to be thankful for my health and hit the hay.
Kudos to all of you who work in the hospital. I'm so proud of you and thank you on behalf of everyone at St. B today. Thanks Kristi, Christina, Roman..and many others!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww.....thanks steph!
-kristi

Tuesday, January 09, 2007  
Blogger shaun said...

I am confused....I am pretty this person isn't just a friend???? But anyway that is crazy.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007  
Blogger Christina said...

Your always full of adventures Steph! I'm glad your friend was (eventually!) seen, and she's ok.

Thanks for all you do too Steph! What would all the hard of hearing in this city do without you? :)

Wednesday, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Shaun, now I'm confused!?!? Who do you think I'm talking about?

Wednesday, January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home