truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Last night was my night at home. I wrote out a huge story about the events of my evening in detail but sometimes reading stories on blogs can be very long so I'll just summarize.

Got home. Read Bible. Thought it would be good to go for walk (6:00ish). Took mp3 player with good teaching on it, water and keys. Looong walk. Started to run and was chased by huge roaring dog named Francesca - twice. She never ate me. Ran a little longer and my mp3 player flew out of my pocket and almost hit a blue Mustang. Dang. Good thing it didn't. Got home. Reached for my keys - they were gone! Must have fallen out during my run. All of my roommates were gone and all the doors were locked. It was getting dark. Re-traced my steps searching for my keys in the dark. To no luck. While walking home I was bit by a dog. It didn't hurt too bad because he didn't chomp down...he just "mouthed" my leg. I could feel his mouth on my leg for a good ten minutes after that. Got home again. Decided I should take advantage of this opportunity and spend some good time with Jesus on my porch. I prayed and worshipped and got quite distracted and very cold. I ran to my neighbours house (9:45ish) and found refuge in a Mary Kay party until about 11 o'clock. I got home, went to bed without supper and slept well.

Note to self: Maybe next time I have a night at home I should stay at home.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice

Thursday, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Joyska said...

yikes girl... doesn't sound fun at all... honey... stay HOME!

Thursday, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Courtney said...

baahahaa....

this was such a tragic...and so awesomely told story, it made me almost want to have this adventure myself (almost...maybe minus the cold...)

I went to a Mary Kay party once when I was 7... I thought the lady doing the party was actually Mary Kay and I secretly wished she'd give me free red lipstick that I could wear one day when I was a grownup. She didn't. The end.

Have a good night filled with warmth and lack of biting dogs, friend!

Thursday, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Sonya said...

That's a lot of adventure for one night. I love the Mary Kay part! Not the biting dog, though. I thought they were supposed to be tied up. So glad you found your keys!

P.S. How was voice lessons?

Friday, September 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home