truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Update

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD AND KRISTI! My sister and my dad share a birthday on October the 12th! Actually HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a number of people this month: Phil, Brian, Joel, Kristi, dad, Alexzandra and Nathan! ... if I missed anyone...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We've had our first taste of snow the last few days. It's getting cold. I'm not ready for this cold winter season yet. I was enjoying the beautiful fall that we were having!

On a positive note, this is what I am excited about this winter: Being in my warm house and looking out the window at the beautiful snow glistening on the ground, decorating my house for Christmas, having stockings in the mantel, going skating at the forks, hot chocolate, eggnog, being with family & friends and, last but not least, celebrating the birth of JESUS! I'm excited that it's another season to enjoy God in...I'm working on my attitude at loving winter. This year has been my worst for not wanting it to come. My friend Bonnnie is in love with winter! She's been smiling non-stop ever since it started snowing. I want to be like her.

On Thanksgiving Monday I baked my first ever pumpkin. I baked that sucker for a good 2 hours, then I boiled it and then I blended it and now I have a number of cups of pumpkin in my freezer. I also baked my first real homemade pumpkin pie with homemade pie crust. I'm so proud. I'll try and post some pictures.

My computer died for a while. But it is now alive again.

Yesterday I went to my friend Becki's farewell bash. My beautiful friend Becki is going to New Zealand for 6 months and, dang, I'm going to miss her! I'm really hoping she is going to get a blog (hint, hint, Becki) so we can hear all of her adventurous stories and see some wild NZ pictures! God is doing amazing things in her life and I'm excited to see where she will be at in 6 months. God is good. I'm blessed to have a friend like Becki.

peace out. enjoy the snow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Yes Happy Birthday Kristi!!!! I got to have birthday breakfast/coffee with her this morning at Higher Grounds. Who would have thought we'd be at IHOP for her birthday!

Wow snow! That is one thing I don't miss being here, but soon and very soon I will be home in good old Winterpeg.

Can't wait to see you in 4 days!
MISS YOU!
*HUG*

Thursday, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Happy Birthday to Kristi (and the rest of the gang)!

Aren't homemade pumpkin things the best?

Thursday, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Kristi said...

...thanks Steph! You always make my birthday special!
I'm going to miss Becki's wonderful hair cutting expertise! I'm in need already!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home