truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Friday, July 28, 2006

Our trip so far....

Has been fantastic! It took Kristi, Joyska and I about 15 hours to get down to KC. That's a long time...there's lots of construction from Wpg to KC which seemed to cause quite a delay. But the trip down was fun, filled with many hilarious moments, quotes and lots of laughter! (check out Joyska's blog for the things that were said)

We got here late Monday, hit up the Prayer Room and then grabbed some grub.
On Tuesday we went downtown and had a prayer meeting with some of the homeless/poor people in the Bellerive hotel. This was the first glamorous residential hotel in Kansas City. It has hosted many amazing musicans and singers such as Billie Holiday, Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis, Duke Ellington, etc. and the whole eight floor was a "home away from home" for the notorious Al Capone. OoO. This building has seen better days, but the history is evident. And now they're praising Jesus in it!

We also went to this same location to feed the homeless on Thursday afternoon. It's amazing to see the heart that some of these people have for the downtown people and area. Their vision is amazing! These people gaze into the face of Jesus and as they are doing so, they're catching His vision for the poor, widows and orphans. Jesus first, justice follows. I love it!

The prayer room here has been amazing, like always. I have realized how at home my heart feels in the place of worship. I am made to worship God Almighty. I am made to gaze upon His beauty. I'm made to be captivated by His love for me, fascinated by His beauty and Glory. He's incredible! The Throne Room (Rev 4) is fascinating!

It has also been so encouraging, challenging and inspiring (and just plain fun) to see some of the interns from last August when Christina and I came out. Man, they're amazing! I got to chat with one of the girls named Liz, and was blown away by the growth, vision, how God has been speaking to her and her love for her Bridegroom. I love it! Also, we almost had round 2 of mudd soccer last night. Liz and I had prayed for rain for the specific purpose of romping in the mudd....and rain it did. But there was no one to romp with. Maybe next time.

Today Kristi and I went into the prayer room this morning (first thing on the agenda every morning around 10:00) and then we drove down to the Plaza. We had lunch together at Panera and walked around. It's beautiful, huge and rich. We walked around and then drove back and now we're relaxing for a bit before we try and go into the prophecy rooms. I love being here with her! She's my favourite sister and I wouldn't trade her for anything!

I've really been missing Sanctuary these last few days. I love our house of prayer! I love being at IHOP in KC! It's amazing and the Presence is sweet...but I love the ownership that we have at Sanctuary. I love how God is preparing all of us, teaching us and how we're going hard after Him even with practically no resources and very few people. I'm jealous (in a good way) for this time!

I have pictures but am too lazy to post them right now...
I'll upload them when I don't have the prayer room calling my name ; )

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I'm happy you're having an awesome time! Take care of yourself down there and say hello to my fellow IHOPers and that I miss them. Also, have you guys thought of coming in earlier on Sunday so that you won't get home too late and also that it is SANCTUARY TIME! I miss ya!

Saturday, July 29, 2006  
Blogger Courtney said...

hmm if you get 2 comments it's cause well...my computers a little tricky sometimes


anyways...THANK YOU FOR THAT COMMENT! it made me smile from ear to ear.

i'm totally totally pumped to get up there and meet all you rockstar winnipegers. i'm done work on friday and then the countdown begins...haha i have a ridiculous amount of things to do, but in true procrastinator fashion...i'm going camping instead!....

hehe..i'll see you...SOON, new friend :)

Monday, August 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home