truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Long weekend joys:

On Friday I had the privilege of spending the evening with an amazing couple and their handsome new baby boy! It was awesome sharing some grub and hanging out with you Corrie and Johan! You guys are such a blessing and I pray that you would have an amazing time watching your beautiful young man grow up!


On Saturday I went to a pig roast in the Bluemenort area. It was so great! The hospitality, friendliness, fun, community and conversations were fantastic! And the pig was amazing! Thank you Phil and Tricia!


On Sunday we celebrated my grandma's 75th birthday! It was great to be able to see her, wish her a happy birthday and chat with some family members. My grandma had a stroke about 4 years ago (ish) and her health seems to be steadily declining. I pray that she would learn much, rest much, know God more and enjoy herself, her family and her Maker until the day that she goes Home to be with Him. That will be a sad day for my mom, her siblings and myself...but a wonderful day for her!


On a lighter note, I had sushi for the first time last night. I really enjoyed myself! (Shane, I will definitely go for Sushi with you sometime!) The best and worst part of the whole scenario was the fact that we were laughing so hard (Christina and I specifically) as we were shoving mounds of rice, seaweed and raw fish mixed with flavors and such down our throats, that we swallowed more air than food and ended up feeling a little bit sick by the end of it.


Today I got an email from a friend of mine who's currently in Africa doing some mission work...she wrote about a church out there who fasts and prays every Tuesday from 9 a.m. till 4 p.m. I love hearing that there are people across the world fasting and praying and seeking God on Tuesdays, too. What an encouragement!

2 Comments:

Blogger Johan Heinrichs said...

We enjoyed having you over too!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Christina said...

Seriously, laughing and sushi don't go well together! However, I would definately do it again...good times!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home