truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Friday, September 16, 2005

surfin' in the USA

My friend Becki and I are surfin' the terrain of the US of A this weekend. We're heading to Fargo-ish (I'm not quite sure where we're going?!) and supporting her friend Sarah in her volleyball tournament. I'm pretty stoked! We're making t-shirts that say something about Sarah #4. I love making t-shirts..."do it up! Do it ugly!"

Lately I've been trying to figure out what I love to do, what I love in general, and how that adds to who I am. It feels like my desires have all been stripped away and I'm left only desiring Jesus. It's a scary but good feeling. My desire to do missions, which used to consume me, has now all but vanished. I think it's the grace of God that it's been "tamed" during this time of...training. I can't love missions more than God. I can't love doing more than being. (Note: I still do want to do missions, travel, etc. but when I go it'll be from a different heart, I think. I'm praying for a heart that's ravished with my love for Jesus EVEN MORE and rooted in Him)

I was chatting with Christina last night and, while trying to figure out what I loved, burst out with this answer, "MY BEDROOM!" The reason I love my bedroom is because it represents my secret, quiet place with God. That is one thing that I love right now! It was funny. (this is while we were at 'Bucks on Broadway missing Joel)

Another question that has been on my mind: Why am I in the hearing aid industry? I'm hoping that cleaning hearing aids will make me a better person. kidding. or maybe just more mindful of my ear hygiene.

I'm feeling o so random today.
Gotta jet. Hallelujah for lunch breaks!
(It kinda feels like something big is going to happen today? Jesus, wanna do something in Wpg today? haa haa...the cool thing is that HE always does!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Maybe you are in the hearing aid industry for the parallel with you being in training on hearing the voice of God....just a thought, not too profound....and seriously to be a light in a dark place! You have taken that seriously and are doing a great job!

Friday, September 16, 2005  
Blogger hayes said...

Great thoughts Steph. It's a great place to be in when you can just relax, learn what the Lord has for you and not try to jump ahead or fall behind.
Enjoy your trip and the ugly shirts!

Saturday, September 17, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Steph I totally understand what you mean by loving your bedroom. Its the place where its only you and God, no work, no people, no distractions...what a great place to be. Have I told you recently how much I love hanging out with you? Long walks, pumpkin latte's, prayer and great convos - what more could I ask for (too bad you weren't a guy, hee hee, JUST KIDDING!).
Hope you had a fantabulous time visiting Sarah and road trippin' it up. Hey, I think its about time we tried had another road trip of our own again...

Sunday, September 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT?!







(dang hearing aids)

Sunday, September 18, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

mr or mrs or miss anonymous please reveal your identity.

haa haa.

Monday, September 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home