truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Love of God

(I found this email that I had written a few months ago in my drafts folder at work today. I had totally forgotten about it. Don't mind the crazy grammar. It's so cool that this was my heart cry a few months ago...it seems so new again)

The love of God. Say it slow -- The LOVE, the essence of life, the reason for breathing, the sense in the chaos, reality at its best, reality at its worst, that kind of LOVE; of God, the Holy One, the Creator, the Alpha and Omega, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the end-all-be-all Truth and Life, essence of Forgiveness, and reason for living. The love of God.

And His is for me.

Father, I pray, from the very depths of who I am, from my heart I cry out to You, let that be what I really, honestly, fully, and devotedly seek after. Your love, and all that it entails. And I mean all -- if I've gotta be silent for 40 days, if I've gotta fall flat on my face every time I'm in Your presence, if I've gotta hurt for the rest of my life in order to get that kind of love, then so-be-it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

wow..that's quite the heart cry...go hard my sister and don't let go of it!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005  
Blogger mariaborito said...

i love you steph! you are such a great expressionist. such an artist! continue girl. we must hang out and catch up!!!!

Thursday, September 01, 2005  
Blogger Sonya said...

Wow! Are you writing these down on paper? Love hearing your heart in such beautiful expressions...

Thursday, September 01, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Steph you are such a poet, its beautiful, and all that your wrote is so true. Was this written after your first trip to KC?

Friday, September 02, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I believe I wrote this in June or July...so, yep, after my first trip to IHOP (which was in February)........I...wanna...go.....back!!!

Friday, September 02, 2005  
Blogger Joyska said...

there is always a room for ya!

Friday, September 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home