truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, September 08, 2005

To live like Jesus...

As I was walking to my bus last night after work I passed a man sitting on the street corner. He was on the ground trying to take a sip of his coffee but he couldn't because he was shaking so badly. He started freaking out and yelling/squealing while trying his hardest to get the cup to his lips. It was almost as if something was stopping his arms at a 45 degree angle and it wouldn't let him bend them all the way. Needless to say, he was frustrated.

I didn't know what to do. I looked to another lady who was standing and waiting for the light to change and asked her what we should do. She shrugged and acted like she didn't want to get involved because she had no idea what to do.

I looked back at this man and said, "Sir, can I help you?" As soon as I spoke the man stopped shaking, took a sip of his coffee, collected his things and stood up. He acted as if nothing had happened and continued on his way. It was bizarre! The moment I spoke it was as if something was broken and he snapped out of whatever "daze" he was trapped in.

I stared at him for a minute or two after he stood up to make sure he was okay. He didn't seem to notice me or realize what had happened. I'm not sure if he was just pretending nothing had happened or if he actually didn't realize what had happened?!?

The situation made me realize (once again) my need to know my authority in Christ Jesus. I want to live my life with the power of Christ: That when I speak demonic things in the spirit realm would be broken by the power of Jesus! When I walk my shadow would heal the broken hearted and set the captives free because Jesus lives in me! And all this for the glory of God!

John 14:12 - "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father..."

Mark 16:17 - "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." (NIV)

(Matt 8:16, Matt 10, Luke 8:40 and on...)

Can you imagine what this world would be like if we all lived and walked in complete understanding of our authority as sons and daughters of the King of Kings? I want to live like Jesus did.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell calling card on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

Thursday, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

I love those verses! Great promises! I too want to live with that authority!

Thursday, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home