truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hi, my name is Stephanie and I am the Bride of Christ!

Ha ha here you go, Johan, this is a part of what's been on my mind...

I need to know who I am in Christ. This revelation has been hitting me over and over again. My full identity needs to be found in Him. In order to know who I am I need to know God. You come to know God by spending time with him, by reading His word, by speaking with Him and listening to Him. I have been craving the knowledge of God like never before! It's insatiable!

To know God is to love God. How can you know Him and not love him?! How can you love Him if you do not know Him?! You can't know God if you don't seek him out -ASK SEEK KNOCK -

If only the church would know their God. I'm not saying that all church's don't know God but if we really, truly knew the Uncreated God of the universe, His affections for us and His plans for what is to come, I think that we would all live differently! We would come together to worship GOD with excitement and anticipation! With expectation that God (who loves Himself and desires to share Himself with us) would want to come and meet with us....I think that if we knew God apathy would be broken. If the Bride would know of her Bridegrooms affections, desires and plans she would no longer be asleep. I'm reminded of how Sleeping Beauty was awoken by the simple kiss of her Prince. Jesus, kiss us with the kiss of the revelation of who you are (!) that we would awake from our slumber and ready ourselves for the wedding of the Lamb. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johan Heinrichs said...

Thanks! Woo hoo. Wake up bride! Don't you know who your groom is?

Thursday, September 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home