truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Heart Render


Happy Valentine's Day!



Today at work I decided it was time to take down the Valentine's Day decorations, so I marched up to the pink & red hearts with "Happy Valentine's Day" written in pretty letters, hanging in our window, and took the first one down. Then with great zeal and conviction I ripped the heart in half and stated, "I HATE LOVE!"

After I saw the look of horror on my co-workers faces I realized I had taken this act of rebellion against Love Day a little too far.

You see, I honestly don't hate love. I think love is wonderful.
I'm a lover, not a hater. I was simply taking a humorous stand against the constant teasings of my co-workers about being single.

I then clued in to the fact that I had just ripped a harmless, paper heart in half and immediately apologized to the owner of the heart. Yes, I ripped someone else's heart in half! Good thing it was only paper... and my co-worker has a good sense of humor...

My mending skills that I learned in Home Economics class from grade 9 sure came in handy as I "stitched" back the heart I had so brutally "rended" in a love-less act. Boy does packing tape sure come in handy. The heart may be a little worse-for-wear but they say that "if it doesn't kill you, it will only make you stronger".

Moral of the story: Let us rend our hearts.... (see previous post) ... However, spiritually and not physically.

Amen. Let's stand!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

goofy girl!

Friday, February 16, 2007  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

You're so funny! I hope you had a love filled day with the Lover of your soul! :)

Friday, February 16, 2007  
Blogger Joyska said...

i would have left it torn up! hahahahahaha

Amen let's stand... LOVE IT!

See you soon and I am thrilled that you are coming!

Friday, February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home