truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Saturday, April 22, 2006

There is no longer a man sleeping on my porch

The police arrived early this morning around 1 a.m. They had seen this gentleman around before and said that he's non-violent, which made me feel better. They say that this sort of thing happens when the weather starts getting nicer.

When the cops got here they woke up the guy and asked him to leave. He sat up, started folding the blanket he was using (the one we keep on our couch) and he left without a fuss. Ahh...sweet...

So the drama of the night is over. Part of me doesn't want this man to come back. Part of me kinda hopes that he comes to sleep on our couch after everyone in the house is in bed and that leaves before anyone in the house wakes up because I feel sad for this guy. I would love to know that he has a place to sleep at night. I just don't want a strange intoxicated man sleeping at my doorstep. Lord, please provide for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home