truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Puerto Rico Trip - Day 6

On Wednesday I went to a business meeting. I woke up, got ready, left Kristi sleeping in her bed and ran out the door to the conference rooms. I asked the concierge where the Starkey meeting was and he pointed to a door. So I walked in, sat down and felt really nervous. Then I realized that I was in the Telus Mobility meeting room. OOPS! So I packed up my stuff, walked farther down the hall and, to my relief, walked into a familiar group of people waiting for the meeting to commence. It was so interesting being in one of the tech meetings. It was totally different than I had expected.

We all got out of the meeting early (around noon), so Kristi and I hit up the pool and dance lessons once again! Kristi and I had received official cocktail invites the day before so we headed off to primp and get pretty before the party started.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is what happens at official cocktail parties: You mingle. You eat. You drink. You shmoooz. You mingle. You laugh (even if somethings not funny). You shmooz some more. You laugh again. We had fun.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
(Kristi, Brita and I)

Kris and I ducked out of the party early and headed to the main lobby area. We hung out, sat on some comfy couches and waited for the dancing to start in the pub area. We got to the pub and saw one of the women from the cocktail party so we hung out with her, her husband and her daughter, Brita. This family was hilarious! They really thought it would be a good idea for me to marry their son, Paul, who was back at home in Saskatoon. I asked them if he loved Jesus and they said yes. Crap, my one excuse was gone. We also told them a bit about the House of Prayer and they thought it was so awesome that they should tell their pastor! They were so awesome and even joined us in introducing UGLY DANCING to Puerto Rico. Now that was funny!

Image hosting by Photobucket

This guy kept asking us to "dance sexy" because we "had the moves" but we kept telling him to DANCE UGLY! So he'd start off trying to dance sexy (which was hilarious) but he'd always end up doing the disco or something UGLY along with us!
Sigh. I love ugly dancing because everyone can do it!

3 Comments:

Blogger anthony said...

Yay for ugly dancing. Probably a good way to describe how my salsa attempt will be - that is, if we take on a salsa.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Definitely take on the salsa! You will not regret it! You've got dance in your bones, Tony, you'll do awesome! Does Shayla enjoy dancing?

Thursday, February 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE ugly dancing - although it is a waste of your good talent!! ;)

Thursday, February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home