truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Puerto Rico Trip - Day 2

Kristi and I woke up at the crack of dawn (3:30 a.m.) to catch our flight from Toronto to Miami. We had a layover in Miami and then flew onto Puerto Rico!

Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket

Kristi and I got UNCOUNTABLE comments (and stares) about being twins! This went on all week with the minimum comments per day being at 2...we got some pretty intense reactions.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The above picture is us on our way to the Paradisus all-inclusive resort. The buses and restaurants in Puerto Rico were always really cold!

This was our amazing bedroom! We had marble floors and counters in our room, a free (included) mini bar and room service any time we fancied!

Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket

When we got to the resort we headed off to get some grub.
After we had eaten Kristi and I were walking around with my boss' daughters when two guys approached us. They were quite intoxicated and asked where the fun was...I, so graciously and professionally, ended up saying "We're not fun and we're not interested!" and then we walked away. Yikes. Graceful wording was not in my favour at that moment.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The fountains and architecture of the resort was amazing and inspiring! Everything about it was gorgeous!

Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket

When we got back to our room we found a little lizard making himself/herself at home in the window of our bathroom. Embarassingly enough, I ended up knocking on my boss' door at midnight and asked her what we should do. We ended up calling room service and a guy came, wrapped his hand with a thick amount of toilet paper and swept that lizard out of our abode. However, not before the room service staff had a great laugh at me over the phone after I said, "Umm I have a lizard in my bathroom". I refuse to admit that I was scared of the lizard...I was just...wary. ; )

Image hosting by Photobucket

end of day 2.
I was enthralled with Puerto Rico thus far
-the ocean, the colour of the buildings, the apparent differences in the way of life from Canada, the palm trees, the weather, the beauty...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Ahhhhhh....can we do this all again? You are really making me want to with the play by play memories! It was wonderful!

You should have seen Steph in action with the shut-down to those guys! We laughed about that for a while! She totally shut them down....very obviously! It became a nice joke for us that week! We are NOT fun and we are NOT interested! Too funny!

Thursday, January 26, 2006  
Blogger anthony said...

I like the picture with the shoes.

Thursday, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home