truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Puerto Rico Trip - Day 4

January 9th - It rained.
I went for a walk on the beach, read my Bible and had some alone time while Kristi had a nap in our room. I ended up falling asleep on one of the huge over-stuffed coconut-pillow-hut-things.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

I ended up waking up from my nap with this little guy hanging out by my head. eeks.

Image hosting by Photobucket

In the evening we headed out to Old San Juan, Puerto Rico, wih my boss' and Winnipeg Peeps. We ate at a place called The Parrot Club. We had fried Plantain and Yuko's (?) with a mango sauce and the best slushie/punch on the trip! It was great! The colours in the restaurant were vibrant and beautiful.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Isla Del Encanto means...Island of Enchantment!
What's a trip to a foreign land without a picture of a foreign license plate?!?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Old San Juan was gorgeous with it's cobble-stoned, narrow streets and lights everywhere. It was very cool "listening" to the flow of conversation all around me and not being able to understand a word.

There was a HUGE cruise ship docked nearby. I couldn't believe how massive they are!
There was also a Starbuck's just outside of a tiny courtyard. I had to take a picture for my 'Buck's fans in Winnipeg but it turned out pretty blurry.

It was good to get off the resort (even though Kristi and I were pretty beat) and see a piece of what the "real" Puerto Rico is like. I liked!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I'm loving the play by play! Sounds and looks like you guys had such a great time! So neat to soak in different cultures! Thanks for sharing!

Thursday, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Christina said...

Those lights and the cobblestone streets are beautiful!

Thursday, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home