truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Monday, February 06, 2006

Puerto Rico Trip - Day 5

Kristi and I woke up bright and early and headed out to the Atlantic to go sailing and snorkling. We ended up heading out to Demolition Island (I believe that's what this Island was called) which was a crucial part of the Spanish-American war.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Kristi and I had never gone snorkling before. The highlights: My incredible imbalance when wearing flippers. Kristi's hilarious hyper-ventilation in the water at the thought of putting her head in the H20 and breathing. Seeing 4 sweet star fish. The salty salt salt (did I say salt?) water!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

In the evening we headed off on another fun excursion! We went bioluminiscent kayaking. I had never been kayaking before and it was radical! We started off in the ocean and made our way through a narrow canal before we entered the lagoon.

I had total dejavu in the lagoon; I had a dream when I was like..8 or so..and I was in a lagoon like that and was on a boat but had lost my family and there were crocodiles and it was scary. But this was real life and soo much fun!

The cool thing about this lagoon is it's famous bioluminescent planctin. On a pitch black, moon and starless night, when you put your hand into the water and swish it around, thereby disturbing the planctin, the planctin glows. It looks like fairy dust under the water! SO COOL!

Kristi and I stayed to the end of the line when kayaking and chatted with our guides. We learned a lot about Puerto Rico itself and what Puerto Ricans think of Canadians. They like us Canadians because we are laid back, humble, cool and relaxed...like the Australians. Sweet!

Puerto Rico is a Commonwealth of the United States of America. One of our tour guides referred to Puerto Ricans as "the spoiled brats of America". Because they're not a state they cannot vote for President but they also do not have to pay any taxes. Sweet. Puerto Rico was booty in the American-Spanish war. Also, they love it when we drink their rum, their light house is very important, for every 110 people there is a cop, and they have a crazy little frog (cokey frog? coo-kee) that sounds like a bird.

Day 5 was an awesome day!

Other things on my mind:
-I'm almost done posting about Puerto Rico .. yippee.
-Two friends of mine got married on Saturday. Crap, I'm getting old...speaking of..IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IN ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! I love birthdays!
-the book of Genesis has been coming alive to me and I'm loving it!

4 Comments:

Blogger mariaborito said...

i'm loving the pink shutters! ahh colour. i will read this just haven't got to it quite yet. talk to ya soon xoxo

Monday, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Kristi said...

Thanks for posting the censored pictures of the sail excursion!
I too remembered tonight that your birthday is in 1 week! Happy early birthday!

Monday, February 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love them, love them all!
love you too!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Stephanie said...

gotta love the censored version!! (I wouldn't have it any other way)

Lanney, thanks for the bday wish!My birthday is on the 13th so you haven't missed it yet!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home