truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Monday, February 13, 2006

21 years ago...

...on a blustery, winter morning at 6:45, on my mom's 28th birthday, I was born. Now here I am at 21, and she's 49 years old. Man, does time fly by! I love sharing a birthday with my mom! It's such a joy to share a special day with someone I love so much!

Summary of year 20:
Last year I spent my birthday in Kansas City. It was a great, mind shaking, heart shifting, crazy, awesome way to spend a birthday - and with such a great people, too! The rest of this past year has been such a journey, a learning experience, undeniably God-encountering, joy-filled, fire-filled, hard, beautiful and stretching year. I can't believe where God has (and is) taking me! I can't believe that a year ago I caught fire! (Actually, I can't remember where I was on my actual birthday...I spent the whole week celebrating and this part of it just seems to stick out)

This 20th year I...
*I saw my first birth - it was incredible!
*I went on some sweet road trips
*I went on my first, real winter vacation.
*I lived in three different houses. (I'm done with moving for a while)
*I went on my first limo ride (x2)
*I saw Niagra Falls for the first time - it's gorgeous...especially at night with the all the mist.

Goals/desires for year 21:
To know Jesus more.
To love more, to love well.
To take time for the little things in life.
To dance all kinds of dances.
To continue learning and stepping out in singing; spontaneous, prophetic and singing songs. To step out in obedience no matter what it sounds like or feels like.
To learn how to play guitar (yes, Jason...I do want to!)
To learn how to make pottery. To paint more. To photograph more.
To see more of this beautiful world!
To learn another language (hmm...spanish)
To have greater vision. To see with God's eyes.
To continue learning how to cast aside the things of this world and store up treasures in Heaven.
To take better care of myself. To care for others better.
To hear the voice of God more clearly.
To learn true humility and meekness.
To be confident in His love.
To be generous and have compassion.

Hello 21 - HERE I COME!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

6 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Stephanie, heck yes to all of that. May it come to pass in this 21st year of your life. I hope you had a very happy birthday. :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Kristi said...

A very happy birthday to you! I hope for all these good things in your life this year!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Johan Heinrichs said...

I just learned a lot more about you.
Happy B-Day
Johan

Wednesday, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Indeed! Much love and congrats on the birthday Steph. The 20's don't suck!

Thursday, February 16, 2006  
Blogger DanieL said...

hi stephanie!

just blog hoppin'. nice pictures you got here. i enjoyed reading about your puerto rico trip.

Friday, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Hey I missed your birthday! Well, happy belated! And may this year bring all of your wishes true and then some! btw, my parents are involved with Usana. Great company!

Friday, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home