truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Starbucks, recycled affection, equipping...

On Monday night I went to Starbucks to drink a yummy drink and spend time with God before I headed off to vision night at church. (Kristi, you have to try the Pumpkin Spice Latte - it reminds me of you and is incredible!) I sat down in the "office" (such fond memories) and tried my hardest not to be distracted as I prayed and read my Bible.

About 45 minutes after I got there a man asked me if he could sit down in the chair opposite of me at my table. He had pulled a muscle playing tennis and needed to sit in a relatively soft chair. This was fine with me so he got his stuff and sat down. This was the beginning of a 45 minute long conversation about God. I LOVE IT! I love talking about God! This was such an awesome conversation!

He started off the convo by asking me what I was studying. I told him, "The Bible." He thought I was taking theology or religion at school but I told him it was because I wanted to know more about God. From there I got to tell him what I believe and why I believe it, and as I spoke I felt as if I was falling more and more in love with God! (There was so much more to this conversation. He told me what he believed [he's a polytheistic, more than one god], he asked me why I pray [that was a fun one to explain!], he didn't know what sin is so I described a part of that, too...God definitely gave me the words!)

No wonder Satan wants us to keep our mouths shut! When we actually start speaking about the incredible love of Jesus, not only do people come to know Him but we ourselves fall more in love with Him as we speak about Him! It was like a cycle of affection. Like blue boxes have that cycle of reduce, re-use, recycle...this cycle was remember, repeat, re-love! (kay, I couldn't think of any other words that started with "r" that worked) But it went something like this: I know what I believe ~ I spoke what I believe ~ I heard the words I spoke ~ I remembered anew the truth that they hold ~ and I fell more in love with this God-Man named Jesus!

Lord, I ask that you would release your anointing on your Bride to preach your Word, Truth and Love with power and with authority. Would our words have power because of the message they hold. Raise up your apostolic preachers! May Winnipeg come to know you. Would your Bride no longer be silent!

Then I went to church for vision night and we talked about equipping - BRING IT ON! I want to learn 'the stuff'!

4 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Steph that's AWESOME! When you say 'yes' to God, there is no telling how he will use you, this is just the beginning.

Thursday, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

You are an inspiration in the boldness you live out, Steph. And I will perhaps have to try that Pumpkin Spice latte....and maybe you are the one to try it out with!
Thanks for the great teaching!

Friday, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Johan Heinrichs said...

Awsome! Keep goin hard~!

Friday, October 07, 2005  
Blogger mariaborito said...

again, steph you show me jesus. seriously i think i know why people followed him around. he was just so full of life and love and wonder. people would probably stop dead in their tracks not being able to unlock their gaze on his eyes. he had eternity in them that was mesmerizing i'm sure.

Monday, October 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home