truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Beauty

You know that overwhelming feeling of...of...awe, I guess, when you see something beautiful?

A few weeks ago two friends of mine and I went out into the field behind my house to pray. It was dark (around 10-10:30) and we headed out into the field with a flashlight. The sky was gorgeous, kinda foggy, with an eerie looking moon and stars popping out between the clouds. BEAUTIFUL.

We came to a fence and, before we saw them, we heard the tremendous pounding of a herd of horses galloping towards us. They came right up to the fence where we were standing. All we could see was their black silhouettes and hear their heavy breathing and the stamping of their hooves. It was amazing! BEAUTIFUL.

We ended up climbing a huge bale, looking up at the vast stars and praying. All that beauty totally overwhelmed me. When we would look back into St. Norbert from on top of that bale we would see little lights everywhere and this fuzzy, warm glow because of the tiny bit of fog there was. It was all so BEAUTIFUL!

The emotions that are awakened because of beauty can sometimes be overwhelming! When I think about it...the beauty that I'm seeing around me is earthly beauty. This physical earth that God created is gorgeous! But can you imagine even for one second what Heavenly beauty is going to do to us!??!

I can't comprehend, understand or begin to imagine the beauty of Heaven. Then there's the beauty of Jesus! Fully man and fully God! Then there's the beauty of God! Who Was and Is and Is to come! The Uncreated One. Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End. First and the Last. King of Kings! The creator of all beauty!

I constantly want to have my heart turned to God, gazing up at him with a softened heart and forever astounded by his beauty.

"He had given me all of creation to speak of his great glory and love, and he had given me the Word of God in all its depth and beauty, and here I was, asking for more. And God loved it. God delights in revealing himself to those who will seek him with all their hearts. He is an extravagant, abundant Lover, and he loves to reveal his heart to us again and again." (from the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge)

Thank you, Jesus!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyska said...

i must say it... This is a BEAUTIFUL entry! Love ya girl!

Thursday, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

Great post and a great reminder....causing me to turn my heart toward Him once again! Thanks for the moment!

Thursday, September 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful - i love it :)

Thursday, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home