truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Beat the Beastly Bears with your Bible.

I was so happy to see here bounce away......(I pressed 'paste' and this is what appeared!?!) Weird!...speaking of weird.....

I had a weird, nightmare-ish dream last night.
In my dream it had been prophesied over me that I would be fighting against bears. Why bears? I'm not sure!?!

So the entire dream long I was running from and fighting against these massive, incredible bears! They were huge and flippin' smart! They seemed to predict exactly where I would hide or run to.

I know that Christina, Cam and Brian were all in my dream. We were also in a really nice area of "town" (not sure where, when or why) I think we had gone to see a basketball game or something of that sort. That's when the bears first appeared. From there we ended up running and hiding. Driving away from them. They were so super fast that they could catch up to our car, though.

These bears not only attacked the group of us four but everyone in the area. They were causing havoc and destruction wherever they could.

I don't remember a whole lot of detail (besides the above) of my dream but I do remember that at one point I got really ticked off at these stupid, fear-invoking and pain-inflicting beasts! I stood up on a table ready to fight, taking my "I've had enough, back away from me" stance. I'm not sure if I actually stood my ground and fought them or if I ended up running away before they got to me. I think it was the latter...It ended by my alarm clock blaring 95.1 FM way before I wanted to wake up!

What I find cool about having those types of dreams is saying the name of Jesus when I'm scared or when I'm praying against something. It's a beautiful thing!

A dream that I had many years ago has kept popping back into my head over the last 4 days or so. I was in the Middle East (somewhere) and there was war and fighting all around me. The sky was a red haze from all of the dust, smoke and fire. I was running because people wanted to kill me. So, I ended up ducking into a corner of a building and praying that God would make me invisible. He did. I was totally safe. I woke up that morning being so thrilled that I had prayed in my dream for Jesus' protection and because of that was saved. Those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved!!! Even in dreams, supposedly! Thank you, Jesus! You are bigger than bears, wars and fear!! AMEN!

ps. HAPPY MANITOBA DAY!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Bears, eh? I wonder what that means. Let me know if you get any insight!

Friday, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Brian said...

Angry destructive bears, eh?? Nothing good there, I'm afraid. Steph, let's chat about more when I see you again. It has something there for us to pay attention to...

Tuesday, May 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home