truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Understanding God's Delays

This was the title of my readings last night for the Christlikeness course that I'm taking. As I was lying in bed I read this line and was amazed at how God good is! Yesterday morning I had that "revelation" about God's timing (his delay) in Exodus and then last night the topic is about understanding His delays. It's cool (and hard) how things in my life - personal revelation, corporate revelation, etc. - all seem to be preparing me and testing me on what I'm learning in this course.

This is what I learned:

"The Lord incorporates delays into His overall plan: Delays work perseverance in us. So crucial is endurance to our character development that God is willing to delay even important answers to prayer to facilitate our transformation.

Thus we should not interpret divine delays as signs of divine reluctance. Delays are tools to perfect our faith. Christ is looking to find a tenacity in our faith that prevails in spite of delays and setbacks. He seeks to create a perseverance within us that outlasts the test of time, a resolve that actually grows stronger during delays. When the Father sees this quality of persistence in our faith, it so touches His heart that He grants 'legal protection' to His people."

How cool is that! God's ways are perfect and His timing (or what we think is lack thereof) creates in us qualities that touch His heart! Incredible...you just gotta keep learning and living. Trusting in God even when we don't understand His ways! Saying YES to His gentle teaching, guidance and character building! I want to be a woman of God who's character touches the heart of my Heavenely Father. That is my prayer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

That is my prayer too, Steph. I'm also learning more and more that it is about the character and the process, and the end product is sometimes not really that important in the big span of things.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My brother! It's good the "hear" from you! It is good to be learning from and about God! I love it! But know that you are too! We are all really blessed! I LOVE YOU SHAUN! You should blog soon!

Wednesday, April 27, 2005  
Blogger mariaborito said...

thanks for sharing that stephy.
i love the way god's plan isn't ours and makes us wonder why so often. if you think about it all of creation is waiting. all of creation has to undergo a patience period before it comes to fullness. when a butterfuly is breaking out of it's cocoon it takes several hours to force it's way out. if someone had tried to help it by breaking the shell it would never have the strength to fly because its wings would not have formed properly through the struggle. if we never have delays or trials in our life we would actually be crippled as well.

Thursday, April 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home