truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Monday, April 18, 2005

False Teeth

(The client in the waiting room is sweet. She's got curly grey hair and oval glasses. Her red shoes are too big for her feet. Her false teeth are clicking together because she is unable to control the movement of her jaw. And still she is sweet.)

When pondering (yes, pondering) about the word 'false', I realize that is the last thing I want to be. I want to be real, speak truth and live genuinely! There's something so desirable about being who we really are and having people accept us for us.

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29.

My revelation: Note that it does not say "building others up according to their wants.." it's according to their needs. This is hard for people to accept. We don't like having our needs exposed. We try and hide our weaknesses and put on our masks of "perfection" even though it's God who delights in the humble and actually turns our weaknesses to strengths.

As much as living "real" is desirable it also means being vulnerable. Showing our true character - the fun side, the sensitive side, the WHOLE character, takes humility and strength.

So I want to be real, I want to speak truth and I want to have fun while I'm at it!

~
Onto another thought...I love my family! My mom just dropped in at work and I got to hold and squeeze my foster sister, Lita. I got to hug my mom, too! I had a date on Saturday morning and afternoon with my brother and it was fabulous hanging out with him! He's amazing! We went thrift store shopping together! Yea for the 50 cent granny pants that I got, his hot shirts and the 1970's vintage suitcase. So wonderful! Then I had a fabulous date with my sister that evening! Good times eating ice cream with strawberries and chocolate sauce and watching girlie movies! I love my family! Next on my list - hang out with my dad!! It's kinda difficult living in different cities and not owning a car....but he's got one! Thank you Jesus for my family (both spiritual and physical) Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Revealing our needs, yes a really hard thing to do. Hearing others' needs even through all the mixed messages we send: another hard thing to do. (I think that happened tonight, and God built us up and we helped each other get through some stuff).

Monday, April 18, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

Steph, I enjoyed our date the other night! Oooooo...everybody needs a sister!!! Fun girly movies and good snacks! I love it! And you!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home