truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Friday, April 22, 2005

My friend Marcia

Last night I had the honour and privilege of hanging out with my roommate outside of our house!! We haven't done a lot - if any - of hanging out just as friends. It was so good to get out and hang out!

I went for a walk after work to clear my head, think, breathe, pray in my park (hee hee...yes, it's MY park ; ) and enjoy the beautiful but windy weather. It was fantastic, super-fantastic! On my walk I decided that if Marcia wasn't busy we should hang out!

I got home from work at about 6 o'clock to be greeted by Marcia and our clean, but empty, house. It was a sad not having her pics placed throughout our house and having our kitchen table missing. I asked her if she wanted to grab some bubble tea with me and search for a cowboy hat for her be-lated birthday present! (It's a good thing I didn't buy one on our road trip down to Fargo because now she can choose it herself. Yeehaa!) She was thrilled to get out of the house and I was thrilled that she wasn't actually busy!

We made our way to Asia City, grabbed some bubble tea and headed off into the extremely bright sunset to find Marica a cowboy hat! Turns out that the store in Headingly was closed by the time we got there and we headed on back. We'll have to repeat that little adventure when the stores actually open someday!

Okay...I have an obsession (not really...) with the airport. Marcia likes the airport, too, but had never gone to simply just watch the plans come in. So that's what we did next - we took off to the airport! We dreamed about where we're going next in this wide, wide world (for real and "fake") and what this adventure called Life will hold! It was incredible!

Then we made our way home and realized that Mr. Super-fantastic, our awesome bus driver, would be coming by our house at around 10:30ish so we decided to make him a sign that read "Have a super-fantastic night from Marcia and Steph". We froze on the bench outside our apartment waiting for his arrival and waving hysterically at every other vehicle that passed! Turns out that last night was Shawn-Super-Fantastic's night off. Bummer. But it was still so much fun!!

Marcia, I have loved spending the last nine months hanging out with you, living with you and getting to know you! God bless you in your life, your friendships and your travels! You are an amazingly awesome woman and it was my privilege to live with you this year! I can't wait to reminisce years from now about the year we lived together and where we've come and gone to since! Let's still hang out and get together because you rock ; )

4 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Sounds like you guys had a great last date together..bubble tea and the airport - so fun! Marcia was a steller roomie hey? I enjoyed getting to know her too...you're awesome Marce. I hate good-byes, but it can also be a little exciting because it means change, and that means brand new adventures. And I know how much you like those Steph! :)

Friday, April 22, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

Awww....roommates can be such a great addition to life! I've had some great ones! I'm sorry that good-byes are tough, Steph! I pray that you find direction for the next step!

Friday, April 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's amazing! and thank you steph!!!!! *sheepish smile* thanks for taking me in this year, you rock! bubble tea - how can i describe thee? it's pretty much tea, any drink or slushy type mix you want to slurp up that has fun gummy pearly bubbles in it! some are tapioca and more jelly like, others are chewy and round, and once, in taiwan, i had ones that looked like boogers if you took them out of your drink. that's not fun. but the other ones rock! thanks steph :) (and i haven't called....;)

Sunday, April 24, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Bubble tea is yummy! It's the new Starbucks....oops!!! Did I say that out loud??!?! I'm just kidding!! We should go sometime! That would be fun!
Marce...good for you! People can call you - people know your phone numbers = )

Monday, April 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home