truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Monday, April 11, 2005

...but I'm having so much fun!!!

I had such a good weekend!

On Friday I was sick. Stuffed up, not breathing, having trouble sleeping, coughing, sniffling, sneezing - the works. Doesn't sound like such a good start to a weekend, eh?!? But it was! I rarely take sick days thinking that if I can walk, talk and breath I'm okay to work. My body was so thankful that I took the time to let it rest (even if it was just for a short period of time). Marcia, my roomie, was sick as well so we got to spend some quality time together!

Friday evening was my friends birthday party. I was debating whether or not I should go...no work but a party?!?! Sketchy. I decided that I would go and, if nothing else, I could end up napping on Maria's couch. Didn't end up having to happen - thank goodness!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA!

On Saturday I felt even worse. Yum. But I have a little problem: I like hanging out with people! I like doing fun things. I don't care enough about my poor body to take its well-being into consideration so that afternoon I headed out to the zoo with a few friends. (check out Joel's blog for pics and a better 'down-low' @ onetruth777.blogspot.com) Stupid idea but flippin' fun!! I hadn't been to the zoo in years!

That evening I met up with some friends from my home town. It was great! I wish I could have spent more time with them but I guess there's always a next time!

Even later that evening I went dancing. I had never been to a bar or club to dance before and I had a BLAST!! Tony, Cam, Christina, Jess and I went to check out Mitch's dj'ing skills in the Exchange (Mitch goes to our church). It was awesome! He did a fabulous job and all of us got to bust out our moves! I have never been so free to dance like that before! It was great!

A guy came up to Christina, Jess and myself and complimented us by saying that we were the most entertaining dancers on the floor (or something to that extent!?!). Hee hee...it was great! Later on he asked me if I wanted to join his break dance "club". He thought I was a break dancer!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!! He even introduced me to his b-boys....

At church the next day we were dancing during worship. The entire time I was struggling with what dance was supposed to look like. I find so much "life" in hip-hop/break dancing type styles from the night before and I was clueless on how to incorporate that into worship at church. To me that type of dancing is worship. Warfare. Intercession. A tool. Expression. It makes me feel vulnerable, though.

I'm all outta time...gotta run! But I hope you all had a fabulous (non-sick, hopefully!) weekend, too! God bless you rockin' peeps!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Steph, my rad break dancin' friend! You did so awesome Sat night, I loved watching you bust out your moves...you've got skills girl! Owwww!
As for how that can be incorportaed in church, I'm not too sure, maybe we should get Mitch to do the music one Sunday morning (or evening) and then you can break it down. How fun would that be!

Monday, April 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home