truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Monday, April 25, 2005

How are you doing?

I'm cranky today. I'm tired, desperately wanting to be alone, slightly annoyed with people and quite frustrated with myself. Don't you hate that feeling of being frustrated with YOU? The truth is that you can't run away from yourself. When your own thoughts, actions, or whatever start becoming a problem that means that you need to change. Yeesh...yes, change. No running from me. I gotta live with me. Okay, God, change away. Here's my YES.

I was reading in Exodus this morning and something in chapter 23 stuck out at me...
"But I will not drive them out in a single year, because the land would become desolate and the wild animals too numerous for you. Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land." (vrs. 29&30)

We live in a day and age were we want things NOW. We expect God to answer our prayers within five minutes of praying them. If he doesn't we get discouraged that our powerful God doesn't actually answer prayers. But God's timing is perfect! His ways are not our ways! He knows when to heal, He knows where to lead, He knows how to do all things, He knows why He does certain things in specific ways...He knows all and is all!

So instead of being discouraged or frustrated with timing and change I need to see God's heart in it all. What is God's heart? Well, He promises never to leave us or forsake us, He wants the ultimate best for our lives, His promises are yes and Amen, He is slow to anger and abounding in love, He is a good God... and whenever we start doubting the goodness of our God we just need to look at the gift He's given us - He sent His one and only son into this world to save US, to save ME! I need to give God my YES, turn my heart towards Him and recognize that His ways are good and perfect! He will not do things post-haste for my immediate benefit if it means that in the end "my land would become desolate".

Those are my thoughts...and I'm feeling less cranky with myself. Hallelujah! Lord, would You bring even more wisdom and revelation into my life! I ask for Your guidance, for Your love and that I would be tranformed more and more into Your likeness. I want to be like You, Jesus! Lord, in those hidden and not-so-hidden places in my heart and life that need to change I ask that you'd bring change. mmm..Amen!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Keep saying YES Steph! That is what God wants from us!

Monday, April 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home