truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, March 17, 2005

HAPPY St. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

I like St. Patrick's Day! I knew very little about St. Patrick so I decided to look up some info on this guy. His story is such a testamony of faith, perserverance and trust in God. Wow! I want to live a life of abandon to Jesus, my Saviour. Once again, WOW! If you wanna read up some more about St. Patrick you can go to http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11554a.htm. It's got some stuff to offer.

Here are some snid-bits from St. Patrick's Breast-Plate:

I bind to myself today
The strong virtue of the Invocation of the Trinity:
I believe the Trinity in the Unity
The Creator of the Universe.

I bind to myself today
The virtue of the Incarnation of Christ with His Baptism,
The virtue of His crucifixion with His burial,
The virtue of His resurrection with His Ascension,
The virtue of His coming on the Judgement Day.

...

I bind to myself today
God's Power to guide me,
God's Might to uphold me,
God's Wisdom to teach me,
God's Eye to watch over me,
God's Ear to hear me,
God's Word to give me speech,
God's Hand to guide me,
God's Way to lie before me,
God's Shield to shelter me,
God's Host to secure me,
Against the snares of demons,
Against the seductions of vices,
Against the lusts of nature,
Against everyone who meditates injury to me,
Whether far or near,
Whether few or many.

...

Christ, protect me today
Against every poison, against burning,
Against drowning, against death-wound,
That I may receive abundant reward.

Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me, Christ within me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ at my right, Christ at my left,
Christ in the fort,
Christ in the chariot seat,
Christ in the poop,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

I bind myself today
The strong virtue of an invocation of the Trinity,
I believe the Trinity in the Unity
The Creator of the Universe.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When asked the question of who God is and all that pertains to God, St. Patrick answered with:

"God, whom we announce to you, is the Ruler of all things....
His dwelling is in heaven and earth, and the sea, and all therein.
He gives breath to all.
He gives life to all.
He is over all.
He upholds all.
He gives light to the sun.
He imparts splendour to the moon.
He has made wells in the dry land, and islands in the ocean.
He has appointed the stars to serve the greater lights.
His Son is co-eternal and co-equal with Himself.
The Son is not younger than the Father.
And the Father is not older than the Son.
And the Holy Ghost proceeds from them.
The Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost are undivided.
But I desire by Faith to unite you to the Heavenly King..."

I love how St. Patrick was so focused on the power, authority, grace, love and affection (etc. etc.) of the Trinity!! His passion is beautiful and inspiring! Jesus, teach us to love You with all of our beings! Holy Spirit would you move and work in us! May the things that we do and say bring You glory, Father! Thank you God for people who are a true example of a life lived loving You. I pray that I, too, will be an example to those around me. Amen.

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S EVERYONE!!

(...how did this day become a drink-fest?!?! kinda ironic)

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

And I thought St. Patricks day was all about lepricons and shamrocks. ;)
Very cool that St. Patrick was such a sweet guy, and so much in fact that we celebrate a day for him.

Thursday, March 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. intense stuff. he was a missionary!!! (hee, hee...) oh, and i talked to shawn-super-fantastic and told him we really appreciated him! have a good day ;)

Friday, March 18, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Marce, thank you for talking to Shawn-super-fantastic! Is he doing okay? (He's our awesome bus driver who waited quite a few minutes for us to come storming out of our house this morning..and then later on in the bus ride he was yelled at by another...(lovely)...bus driver. Shawn is wonderful!! Lord, bless Shawn-super-fantastic. May he know Your love and grace. Amen! Have a great day to you too Marce!

Friday, March 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home