truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, February 24, 2005

...Inability to articulate....

This last week has been a myriad of emotions and events.

It started off with housegroup a week from yesterday.
Joel suggested that we worship God with the lights off -somehow darkness seems to diffuse inhibitions and people are more free to worship. God came. He met with us. It was so awesome! I can't imagine what God was feeling, what type of incense was rising to His throne, with all of the prophetic worship and intercession. I know for myself, and a lot of others in that room, it was amazing!

Then on Thursday at 2:00 am I began my travel down to Kansas City with an amazingly awesome bunch of people from Church (mostly worship leaders and such). I had expectations for KC but nothing too specific, besides desiring direction for my life (hee hee). I didn't know that I would leave wrecked - in a good way, I think.

This weekend in KC was really good, somewhat hard and now I'm trying to process. In all the goodness my mind set and heart have been turned upside down and shaken, it seems. Part of it was because we learned so much and I realized again how important learning and loving the Word of God truly is. Different subjects and ideas were revealed to me that I have never even thought about before...it makes your mind reel.

Being in the prayer room was really cool, too! I love that the prayer there is 24/7. It would be awesome to be in that atmosphere or environment for more than just 3 days sometime. The trip itself was awesome! The approx. 15 hour drive went really well, I made a great little friend named Anneka, had a great time in McDonald's (which is rare!), got such encouraging and great prayer, enjoyed meeting God, it was great seeing Joyska again, enjoyed seeing another country with friends and family, and the weather was beautiful! The actual events and memories made were fabulous!!

This whole processing thing is coming a little slow to me, though. I have been unable (for the most part) to put words to what God is doing in, to and through me. All I know is that KC was awesome, I loved getting to know the people in my church community better and I loved what God has started. I'll keep you posted if any other words come to mind...one day I hope to articulate what's going on in my heart. Until that day, I just have to be thankful and trust that He is doing a good work in me and will bring it to completion!

(even as I read over this post I know that it doesn't do justice. I could write forever on the details of what we did, where we went, how much fun we had, etc. Or, even more importantly, I could write forever about my journey of processing all of the good stuff that I got out of that weekend. It's all so amazing so I'm just going to leave it at that.... =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyska said...

Stephanie, ilove your heart. I know that God is doing incredibly deep things in you. I saw it while you were here and I hear it in your comments and your blog. You don't have to figure it all out. Just say "yes" and He'll take it from there!

P.S. you are welcome to come hang out anytime!!!

Friday, February 25, 2005  
Blogger Johan Heinrichs said...

you articulated the trip much better than I did.

Friday, February 25, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

Steph, I love to see what God is doing in your heart and life as well! I have seen an increase in good fruit in the last year or two! I'm so pleased at what is going on in your life and so proud of you!

Friday, February 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home