truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Saturday, March 05, 2005

FIRE

I have fire in my bones. It's consuming me.

On Friday, I was sitting at the far back of the bus on my way home from work. I literally felt that there was this tangible fire in my bones (which didn't hurt) that was burning to get out....agh...I wish I could put words to it!!?!! There's this song that Jason Upton sings about the shadow of this generation healing people. It was kinda like that - that the Spirit of the Living God was so alive in me that those beside me on the bus would feel Him and come to know Him. It's quite funny because this was prayed over me in KC - that I have fire in my bones and I need to let it out. I'm still trying to figure out how.

I know this sounds kind of crazy (especially to those reading this who don't necessarily believe in Whom I speak of) but it's real. I wanted to run down the aisle of the bus screaming that there is freedom and perfect love found in Jesus!! I "controlled" myself, though. I sat there praying and smiling, instead. As soon as I got home I called my mom to tell her that I was so excited because the Spirit of the Living God lives inside of me! She was happy to hear that and chuckled at me!

About two nights ago I had a dream about fire. My mom and I were driving in a truck and I looked behind me and saw this huge hand-like fire ball falling out of Heaven. It was like this fire-hand would reach out, then retreat. It did this a few times. You should have seen the colours in this fire! Bright yellow, purple, red, orange, blue...etc. My mom and I ended up having to stop the car because our physical beings could not handle the fire. We both stopped breathing for a bit (or had trouble breathing). I remember thinking in my dream, "is this fire from God or not? Is it good fire or bad fire?"

Now that I think about that dream I realize the power of the fire of God. God's fire is consuming. His fire is dangerous. His FIRE IS BEAUTIFUL! Anything that is not Holy will be consumed and destroyed by the fire of God. In Jesus, we are fire proof. Sounds silly, I know, but with Jesus we have the privelege of standing in the Fire - the very presence of God! We, too, will be consumed but not destroyed. I desire to stand in this Fire. I don't just want to be warmed by it, look at it's pretty colours and not be changed. I want to stand in the centre of this Fire with the presence of God transforming who I am. That this Fire would refine me.

Jesus, teach me about Your Fire. You are an all-consuming God. You are a beautiful God. Lord, I don't know exactly what You're doing in me but I say YES to You! To reach out and touch the Fire. Amen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

So much has happened since I was last here. Don't even know what to say...let the fire burn!

Saturday, March 05, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm encouraged reading what you have wrote. Ahhh....the beautiful fire....

Sunday, March 06, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Steph I can feel the heat radiating off of you. Burn baby burn!

Sunday, March 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home