truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I'm exotic and everybody likes me!!!

Quite the title, eh? Who woulda thought I'm taking a course on humility right now?!?! Let me explain...on Sunday my housegroup and I had a surprise birthday party for Cam (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CAM AND RACHELLE!!!) and we ended up having a conversation about what type of fruit we would be if we were to be a fruit. I was told I would be a pineapple - because I'm exotic and everybody likes me! Well, I've never been told that before!! Thank you, Jacs, thank you!!

Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIENDS CAM & RACHELLE. I pray God's richest blessings on both of you! May you both be filled with His peace, strength and joy this next year! I freakin' love birthdays!!!

This is a random post...but was anybody else up at 3:00 am? I think I maybe got some sleep between 6-7 this morning but besides that was up all night. I'm feeling crappy today and was even crappier last night! I hate it when sickness gets in the way of sleeping. I really love my sleep!

Anyway, 3 am. I got up and got some water and such at 3 this morning and realized that my roomie was up, as well. She couldn't sleep and kept waking up and thinking she needed to shower and get ready for school. It was nice being able to chat with her at that time, ironically. I dunno... I just had this weird sorta feeling come over me at that point in my sleepless night. I ended up turning on my light and reading my Bible and praying for a bit....maybe it was just personal revelation, but I felt like God was really trying to say something. I'm not quite sure what He was trying to let me know... It was good to spend time with Him in the night, though.

Well, maybe it's lack of sleep that has me rambling without a point!?! I hope you're all having super-fantastic days, your not sick (Really, I've got nothing to complain about! I'm so thankful for my health! Thank you, Jesus, for all of my limbs and organs!) and a great HIPHIPHORRAY to the birthday peeps! Blessings! Over and out.

ps...I love office night. It had been way too long!

7 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Steph, I was up at 3:00 last night too! I shoulda called you! Yes, being sick has affected my sleep as well. It doesn't seem come so easily. Get better you hot pineapple you!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You should have called me!! That would have been awesome! We could have sniffled on the phone together - hee hee! I've always wanted to be a hot pineapple!! Yippee!

I still remember that night when you and Kris lived in the same apt. building as me and Kristi couldn't sleep so she snuck into my house and came and slept in my bed with me - Kristi that blessed me so much! Maybe I shouldn't admit this on the internet but I really was happy about it! I love that you're my sister and friend! Both of you! Anyway.....this is pretty much as long as a post..gotta run!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the happy birthday's Steph, I think you enjoy birthdays more than anyone else I know! Amen to no sleeping... the question is when we all stop fighting it and get up and start praying!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

being awake wasnt' so frustrating as being disoriented! i kept thinking i needed to shower and had homework to do! grrr. i will nap now!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe and here I was, I actually slept till almost 8 (that's 3 nights in a row :S) and it frustrated me. Hehe, you learn to love the amount of time you have when you don't sleep...time to start setting the alarm again
ps. it was great having you gals back at the office :)

Tuesday, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Joel said...

Oh Stephie, Welcome to the wonderful world of sleeplessness. I am quite a veteran in this field, due to just being kept awake by God or my own doing. I am just stubborn, but isn't it weird how the thing to do is just read the Word or pray. Hmmmm...kind of makes you wonder a bit...not really. I'm sorry to pray this, but God I pray for more sleepless nights for Steph, for you reveal many revelations and wisdom at any time of the day. Continue the fascination of waking your children in the morning and continue the urgency to pray. Bless you.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and festive, dont forget festive. cause really, what fruit is more festive than a pineapple?

Friday, March 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home