truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Flavour of Favour - Starbucks Frapps?

I'm bored and tired so I'm going to post something light and merry (why merry?!?)...

I had a dream last night. This isn't rare for me but the last few weeks I have been unable to remember very much detail of my dreams. The stuff I have remembered has been a little odd.

In my dream last night I had a party at my dad's house in Mitchell (which is close to Steinbach for you non-menno's). The guests were mostly my co-workers - I know that my boss, Mark, was there for sure. I didn't want to serve alcohol at this party (which was already way too loud for my comfort) so instead I served Starbucks frappuccinos. Mmm..they looked awesome in my dream!!

Someone ended up calling the cops because of the noise and all of my guests ran away on me. So, my friend Charlotte and I waited for the cops to come. We began to clean up all of the napkins that were on the ground and we turned on the radio to pick up the conversation that the cops were having in their car. I'm not quite sure how we got reception for those radio-waves but it was quite cool. They seemed calm which made me feel a lot better. I was actually quite calm myself considering the cops were coming to bust up my already busted-up party.

When they arrived at my dad's house they got out of their cars and we sat down at a picnic table that magically appeared on my dad's drive way. We had such a good conversation with these guys...I remember thinking in my dream (or right after I woke up) that there was such favour with these men in authority.

Hmm...favour. That is such a great word. I have definitely been blessed by the favour of the Lord in my life. To look back and see all that God has done in my life is incredible! He has been so faithful. Even when I don't understand some of the circumstances or experiences, God always pulls through and there is a greater lesson learned and my faith continues to build! Lord, would continue to pour out Your favour on all of us! That through our lives many will be touched by Your love. Would You be our Flava of fava!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was at a party once where the cops came. It was in Transcona and we were all 16'ish. I remember hopping in my parent's van (I hadn't been drinking), then my other friend Matt scrambled in (he had been), and we drove away very quickly down the back lane. :) Then he proceeded to explain to me how he could appear completely sober and that we really didn't need to run away.

Friday, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Perhaps this dream was telling you that you need to drink more of those cold drinks. I think its imperitive actually in order to figure out the complete meaning of this dream, and frankly you can't do it alone...I'm coming with you!

Friday, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Christina I love your idea!! Hey, I do have those buy one frapp from Starbucks get one free - you're definitely in and you don't even have to pay!! Such creative thinking, I tell ya! Frankly, I need you and cannot do it alone!

Freakish when cops bust up a party, eh? There were a number of times I was freaked about the company I was hanging around with...I never actively participated in what they were doing but I was afraid that if the cops showed I would be screwed. Why, I ask you?!?!

I'm a little hyped up on an iced cap right now ... did all that make sense?

Friday, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Loraleigh I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to email me at erincha7@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, March 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home