truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Monday, March 21, 2005

Frustration with directionlessness...rrr.

Last night I had a dream that I was in Asia (I'm not quite sure where) with a group of people. I don't remember who was all there or what we were originally there for - I think it may have been that there was some kind of hockey championship going on?!

I had to make my way through this huge, intricately designed building to get to wherever I was going. I remember that bathrooms were a rare commodity. Even from our hotel room I think we had to go outside into the street to some sort of restaurant to find a public washroom.

On one of our "journeys" to find a washroom we ended up in an old, run down chapel. We being myself and a group of other women. At one point it seemed that this would have been a gorgeous church with it's balcony, pews and stained glass windows.

One of the girls that I was with began to say how she would love to start an orphanage in this chapel. All of a sudden this desire to start one was hugely pressed upon me and different plans for creating an actual orphanage popped into my head. The drawing plans were so real and detailed.

This isn't the first time I've had a dream about restoring an old building/home/warehouse into an orphanage. The first dream I had (or the one that I remember) came a few months ago. I was sent afloat on a raft with another group of people (in a different country but I'm not sure which one...it actually could have been Asia too?!? I think I remember something about Buddha) from one part of this island to the next. We got to the other side of the Island and ended up in a very run-down warehouse. Our plan was to take this junky building and create it into a place of safety, comfort and love for children.

I'm not sure if these dreams mean anything or if it's my imagination working overtime but I am tempted to know if there are some pieces of direction in here for me. I am so craving to be directed by God that I'm reaching a point of frustration. I need to make some decisions regarding where I live and with whom - and future in general - in these next few weeks (my roomie is moving home - sniffle..) and I want to know where to go, what decisions to make and what to do with myself. If God wants me here, okay. Then I don't want to be in this place of seeking after direction so I lose sight of what is right in front of me. If I am to GO than I want to know where, when, etc.

I want to do God's will in every aspect of my life....I guess I'm just frustrated in general these days! I want God to tell me exactly what to do so I can do it!! I know that God gives us free will, choice and desires for a reason but I really want to here from Him where He wants me and what He wants me to be doing. The thought of making my own decision scares me because I don't want to make the wrong decision!!! I didn't know I was so frustrated...or afraid.

I know that God's will and His ways are perfect. His timing is impeccable! ......but...RRR....sometimes I get frustrated with my lack of direction!
(I just re-read what I wrote. God really did give me desires for a reason and if I look at those desires and seek His will as the foundation of my decision...can I really go wrong?!?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Interesting dream.....strangely I had a travelling dream last night too! I was in Germany and then on the way to Russia! Weird!
I pray that you would get direction and guide from the Lord. That your ears, heart and eyes would be perceiving all that He is leading!
Asia sounds like fun!

Monday, March 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw steph. just remember there are no wrong decisions when you are genuinely seeking God! there are so many options that you have that would all be great because its you and you love god, not because of where you are geographically. there is freedom and grace here. ask yourself what you WANT. remember thats not a bad nor selfish thing because God is the one who put those desires there in the first place! enough advice, you know all this anyway. just a reminder. ;)
i will pray for you to have a peace about this. you are awesome! may god bless your socks off this week.

Monday, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Ren said...

what jac said.

ps. we have a roommate opening in July!! ;)

Monday, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Steph, I know it feels totally frustrating when your in the middle of having not concrete direction - but it will all work out. Some day you'll back at this time and think, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be after all. He WILL lead you and guide you...He already is.

Monday, March 21, 2005  
Blogger Joel said...

Patience, Stephie, Patience.

Do not forget that you are in training still. This is the time to equip, grow, and learn. Your time will come, look at me...it took me awhile. Be patient though, for God has big plans for you. Booshka!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home