truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Saturday, January 01, 2005

this year and the next.

Happy New Year's!! I had such a blast last night and this morning! I'm a little tired still but that's A OK because sleep is overrated, right Joel?! mr. Agustin himself and a few of his awesome roomies were nice enough to open their home to a few of us last night...this morning! It's was awesome! Thanks so much guys! You're the best! The evening featured a non-existent countdown (which was hilarious), random events compiled into a movie called Napoleon Dynamite and all I have to say is...radical home videos of winter activities in Wpg! We need to capture our creative, somewhat stupid, ideas on video! Last night kicked butt! We found a way to go snowboarding without any mountains...it included a rope, a board, a boarder, a truck, a driver and lots of laughs and moments of "reversal aggravation"! Good times! Thanks Joel for letting us "baby-sit the kids" while you were out and I'm sorry if I broke your truck by getting stuck all the bloody time, Kyle! Good year to ya'll!
So, here we are. It's 2005. 2004 was a beautiful, painful, lovely, wonderful, complex, broken, growth-filled year! I wouldn't change it for the world! Well, maybe one thing....but that's another story. Thank you, Father, for everything that you are and all that you've done! I've had some of my saddest and hardest moments (losing a friend, meeting a long lost "friend"..) and some of my most exciting and rewarding experiences (my sisters wedding, getting baptized, meeting a long lost "friend"..) God is so faithful! If I were to sum up this year (heck, not possible) I would say this: God's promises are true! His promises never to leave us or forsake us, to heal us, to love us, to save us and the extravagant, unending list of God's faithful promises goes on...
I desire so much for this next year and I am so excited for what God is going to do! This is a significant year! Raise up Your army, Jesus! Lord, continue the work that You've started in me and bring it to completion! I had a moment of revelation this afternoon - I'm alive (which I'm so excited about!) to get to know this Awesome, Perfect, Loving (Agghh no words describe) being called God. It was a huge, simple moment. I want to get to know Jesus and live with Him and love Him like no one else. He made me - ME! - because He loves me and He delights in me! He made YOU because He loves and delights in you! Wow! I am truly blessed. I am also truly tired at the moment.
Jesus, I give you this year. Would you use me to do Your will! May my life be a fragrant offering to You! I love you, God! Consume me with Your unquenchable Fire! Capture me, never let me go. Father, You are good, You are just, You are truth, You are beauty, You are magnificent...!!! "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zeph. 3:17)
Bless you all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Stephanie, I am so excited to see what this new year is going to bring. I already know it is going to be GOOD! You desire for more of God is amazing and completely encouraging. It will not go unnoticed, He sees your heart, and will honor it. Watch out, the fload gates are open! May your desire to be more like Him be increased and fulfilled! I know he wants it for you more than you do. Love you dear friend!

Sunday, January 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home