truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Purity 'n Gangsta's

So, I was on the 29 Sherbrook bus yesterday evening coming home from work (I was working at the MB Clinic) when four little punk-gangsta's come striding onto the bus. I was sitting on the second last seat from the back of the old-school bus and these guys, being loud and unruly, come and sit down behind me. Now, keep in mind that these boys are between the age of 13-15. This one kid starts chatting me up from behind me and I had no idea what to do!! Number 1 - he's 13ish. Number 2 - he's being really inappropriate. He's 13!!! He's supposed to be playing Nintendo and drinking chocolate milk! He's not supposed to be riding the transit system with his little "gang" talking about vandalizing things and chatting up 19 year old girls...women. I sat there, not really responding to what he was saying until he tapped my shoulder and got right in my face saying something about "West side..yo" and other comments I won't repeat. I got right angry - I'm thinking it was a righteous anger. I wasn't mad at the kid..I was angry at the perversion and lust seeping through his words and actions. I had been praying since before they made their extravagant "entrance" but now it was time for serious prayer mode!!!! I leaned forward in my seat to put some distance between us and began praying in tongues under my breath. How good it is to have Jesus!! I don't know what I'd do without Him.
Anyway, the boys were getting off at my stop so I stayed on a stop longer and got off. As I was walking down Portage towards my next stop (blast those transfers!) I hear " hey, you girl.." and a number of other "cat calls". Since not very many people were around, I went into vocal prayer mode and began to pray out loud against the impurity in my/our generation. It sickens me. So, Father, would you come to this generation! Lord, that we would have clean hands and pure hearts!! Father...come, Lord, come. I pray against lust and sexual immorality in the Name of Jesus. Lord, would you fill me with your light in this dark world. Lord, purify me in every way! That I would not only desire purity for this generation (and myself) but that I would be an example, as well. Amen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Little did those punks know who they were going up against when they picked you....JESUS! Booya baby!

Wednesday, December 22, 2004  
Blogger Kristi said...

You go prayer warrior girl!!!

Wednesday, December 22, 2004  
Blogger hayes said...

You are amazing.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home