truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Friday, December 17, 2004

mysteriously good in love.

I've been reading a book called The Sacred Romance by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge and I'm loving it! It took me a while to get into the heart of the book but it's wonderful!!
God is so mysterious in His love! Not in a way that's manipulative or misleading, but I just don't understand how God loves the way He does! It's beautiful and mind-boggling. I have so much to say about His love...it's so intimate, selfless and refreshing. Before God even created the earth He had US in mind! "..had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love....Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us.." (taken from Ephesians) It's amazing. I am so overwhelmed that I am involved in this romance of God's love!
What blows my mind even more is the fact that God does not demand that we be involved in this romance even though he is completely in love with us! "..we see in the first glimpse of God's wildness the goodness of his heart - he gives us our freedom." It's a choice. We can choose to be a part of his eternal love or we can choose not to be. This is so crazy because we know (to a point) the power of God. He is able to raise the dead, heal any type of pain and hurt but he does not make us love him. He desires us to love him out of our own free will. "The reason he didn't make puppets is because he wanted lovers."
Then Grace is introduced. "Here, at the lowest point in our relationship, God announces his intention never to abandon us but to seek us out and win us back." Even when we're not seeking him, he's constantly seeking us. God's grace is sufficient for us. That doesn't mean we have an excuse to sit back and be lazy knowing that he'll come to us. This Grace just removes the doubt of God's goodness. Not only is he love but he has grace for our weakness. God is good.
Thank you Jesus for your love! I pray, Lord, that you would begin to soften my heart even more to know your love and to love others. Empty me that I may be filled with you. You are so good, God. Thank you for your grace. Would you create in me a pure heart. I love you, Jesus. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are good, You are right, You are true and You are just. I love you!
Thanks for listening to me process on "paper". Have a blessed weekend everyone!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I think if we actually grasp this concept of how much God loves us it will change our lives like crazy! Wow, its sooooooo good...overwhelming, goose bumps, running down the street singing out-loud kinda good!

Friday, December 17, 2004  
Blogger Kristi said...

Inspiring Steph! It is a good thing to be reminded about God's love! Just a question...did you actually post at 6:16 AM?

Friday, December 17, 2004  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey sista! Nope. My time is wrong. I posted at 8:00 am. I had to be at work early so I got to do devo's and blogging...at work!! Yeehaa! Not at 6 am. Hallelujah!

Friday, December 17, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home