truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Saturday, December 25, 2004

MERRY, MERRY O CHRISTMAS!

Happy Jesus' birthday celebration called Christmas everyone!!! So, this day is almost coming to a close...and that's totally ok. It has come and gone and I'm still not in the Christmas spirit. That's ok, though. Gonna have to be. I've felt extremely anti-presents this year - didn't want to buy them, didn't want to receive them. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely thankful for everything that I got (it was awesome) and I usually do love to give but this year I would have rather just not. I've been a little overwhelmed with anti-materialism feelings. I would have way rather done something for someone or given presents to those who didn't get any this year than to receive them myself. Do you ever get in those moods? You just don't want to be involved with getting more stuff, materials. There's something more to it than that. The retarded (but good) thing is that my family isn't that materialistic, either. We played it cheap and weren't even focused or concerned about the gift exchange part...so why these strong anti- feelings?

On to a more happier and positive note: I had a good time with Jesus this morning. Sounds kinda funny, but o so true!! He's so good. One truth that rang out was that Jesus doesn't want performance - He wants our hearts. I "asked" Him what we should do that morning...and I felt like He was saying that we just need to "be". To spend time with Him and rest in His presence. I'm all for it!! Thank you, Father, for all that you've done! Thank you for sending your one and only Son to earth! You're so majestic! Teach me more about your simplicity and love. Lord, thank you that every good and perfect gift is from you!! I do pray against the hold of materialism in my life, but I also pray for joy and grace in giving and receiving. God, I receive the ultimate and most worthy gift that you have given, the gift of your salvation and love. Thank you for saving me. I love you, Jesus. You are so worthy of our praises! I love you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Merry christmas Steph! Thank-you for the gifts that you did give us! We really appreciated them!

Sunday, December 26, 2004  
Blogger Christina said...

Hey Stephie! I'm glad you had a good time celebrating, and just being with Jesus. And I hear you on the whole gift crazziness surrounding Christmas. We didn't actually open any presents Christmas morning, and what a liberating feeling! No one's disappointed because they didn't get exactly what they wanted, and the focus isn't on "me", its on the true meaning of the day. It was something new we tried this year, and I liked it. Hope your next few days off are relaxing ones!

Monday, December 27, 2004  
Blogger Joel said...

Hey erincha,

I am so proud of the truth that spits out your mouth. Truly a gift from God. I am pleased to see the intense passion and growth you are encountering every day in the Lord. THe road ahead is looking rather bumpy and unstable, but I will be alongside you to reach the final destination any way I that I can help. You are such a delight to hang out with. I am pumped to see what else can come out of our creative minds. Something pretty radical! Oh baby, oh baby! Bring it on Lord. Bless your daughter with a continued sense of vision and revelation of Your fullness and majesty in her life. Enable her with an increased sense of authority over the things that are not of You. There is only one truth and Steph is willing and able to contend for You. So bless her Lord and let your love run rampant through her life. In Jesus Name, AMEN!!!! You rock chiquita!

Monday, December 27, 2004  
Blogger Stephanie said...

joel you rock!!!! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and your prayer!!! I had such a blast hanging out with you last night and you are definitely a delight to be with, as well!!! God bless you, Joel!! I'm now going to check out your blog (for the 1st time today:) and comment...because I love comments!

Monday, December 27, 2004  
Blogger Snowbear said...

CHECK out my web site. I'm new to Blogging and wuld be encouraged by any unbiased Review of my web story: THE NEPHILIM AGE.

Happy YULE

Monday, December 27, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home