truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, December 23, 2004

(sigh) hmpf..arr....ahhh....inhale..exhale.

These are the sounds of the stirrings of my heart. Life is an inebriate quest in search for something larger than self and guided by the romancing hand of God.
(That's the only deep thing I have to say today...)

So, once again here I sit at my desk...I arrived at work at 7:45 this morning as a favor for the boiler man (who called me "da man" yesterday for being willing to come in early) so he can continue the work of fixing the boiler. I am so excited for heat!!! My hands seemed to be perma-frozen all day long. So, I had to walk a few blocks to get to my office and realized by the end of it that I was about in tears because my hands..ouch..were almost dead because of the cold. As I was walking I kept saying to myself *well, actually I said it out loud - but I don't think anyone heard to title me as a lunatic* "Thank you Jesus for my house! Thank you Jesus for my house!" I can't imagine what it would like to be homeless. I am so thankful for God's provision. God would you be with those who are cold. Would you be their warmth. Amen. Don't know what else to say about it besides the fact that sometimes I wonder about the sanity of us Winnipegers. Do we all have suicidal tendencies to want to live in this frigid place? ..drama drama drama ; )

So I had a freakin' fantastic sleep last night! It was only about 4 hours long but it was terrific! You know why? Because I had a sleepover with some really awesome peeps!! I have some lovely friends named Matt and Rachelle. They are a beautiful young couple who got married this summer and I absolutely love them! Matt, bless his heart, offered to sleep on the couch so Rachelle and I could have the bed. (I know, some of you may find this crazy. All you girls out there - I'm sure you understand!) They have a flippin' amazing bed! I lay down and pretty much didn't move all night!!!! I haven't slept that well for a long time and I have a pretty decent bed!! Rachelle, bless her heart, made my lunch for me this morning (I felt so pampered)!!! It weighs about two pounds but I know that I will not go hungry. Thank you Jesus for awesome friends such as these!!! It's so crazy the way life works out sometimes. I feel like I've known Rachelle for years, like a really long time. When, in reality, I only met her in March of last year at my best childhood friends funeral. I feel the desire to talk about this friend. I miss him. Adam and I were inseparable as kids. We were engaged at the young age of five and to this day he is the only boy I've ever kissed. (I don't really count this as an actual kiss because we were five and our sisters made us.) Yea Kristi, I'm talking about you. We were innocent little children until you and Erica came along.....hmpf. ; ) Adam and I did everything together. We played with his amazing train set, his light bright, and in his awesomely large sandbox! We went on many adventures through the jungle (a clump of trees on their yard) and I remember wanting to live in a tree house like the Swiss Family Robinson and wanting to ride large wild animals (Ostriches, I believe). I loved that guy so much! I didn't think that Christmas would bring back so many memories of him...but it is and does. I am so thankful for the friendship we had. Kay....sigh. So, I met Rachelle at his funeral because Matt (her hubby-to-be) is Adam's cousin. We used to play together as kids. Him and his cocker spaniel dog, Buffy. O Buffy! Through the pain of losing such an amazing friend God, in His Grace, has provided me with two more amazing friends! I love that Matt and I love that we can reminisce about our life with Adam. It's so good for the heart to just go back to those times occasionally. These are two amazing people who know how to love like Jesus and are so encouraging to me! Lord, would you bless them! You guys are wonderful and....great!!

God thank you for this day! Would you bless my friends. I pray that you will teach me more about what being a true friend really is. Bless the friends and family of Adam during the holiday season, God. Be with his parents. I pray that your peace and comfort would be so real to them in the midst of so much pain. I love you Jesus and I trust you, even in the times when I don't understand you or circumstances. Blessed be Your Name! You are so good!

Yo homes..don't freeze out there today!!



5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I got to drive to work this morning, but had to unload some stuff at Hesed. Yikes, I was actually considering swearing because of the cold! Now that's cold! Like -32 before the windchill? And I got to drive to work!

Thursday, December 23, 2004  
Blogger Christina said...

Steph that's so great you made 2 new friends after losing one really special one. Know that you are a true friend to many other's as well - including me. :) The joy you bring to my life is one-of-a kind! Hmmm, I miss you!

Thursday, December 23, 2004  
Blogger Kristi said...

Steph, you made me tear with all the talk about Adam and thinking about Esther and the others. It is amazing how someone's death affects so many people, no matter the relationship that you had. There is still an effect.
And, I don't remember making you kiss....just spying on you two through the register! Hee hee!

Thursday, December 23, 2004  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Isn't it sad, Kris. I'm dying first! You can't die on me! (I don't speak this over my life.) I love you!

Christina! YOu are a true friend to me, too! Definitely one of a kind! I love you! I am MISSING YOU!!

Friday, December 24, 2004  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Nate!! It's been awesome getting to know you, and the clan at house group, as well!! What a blast! Blessings to the Epps!!! Have a great, relaxing, peace-bearing Christmas! You're awesome and such an encouragement!
steph

Friday, December 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home