truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Chaos - and I'm having a blast!

Hey. It's chaotic at work today. I'm loving it! It's not that there are millions of clients coming in or that the phone is ringing off the hook....It's an internal chaoticism. Yeah. You see, in spring our boiler went on the fritz. We had some inspectors come in and assess the situation. Turns out that the boiler kept shutting off because the safety button that prevented the boiler from blowing up would go off. Hallelujah! We are alive! So, we had some frigid moments in spring and because we have a very cheap landlord, who did not want to fix the boiler until he found out it was covered by insurance, we also had some freakin' cold moments this fall and winter. Including today. I sit here with no heat, our doors wide open to the elements and public on Portage. But, like I said, I'm enjoying the chaos of the mess, the crazy tarp they've covered our floors with to haul all of the dirty equipment around and all of the unfamiliar faces that keep walking by! Wow! Life is good and strange. I am excited for the days of heat and closed doors, though.
I am also really pumped about tonight. It's Wednesday and we usually have housegroup but because of Christmas and the arrival of Matt Wiebe (Tony's, one of the housegroup leader, brother) - wait that's not a negative on his arrival. It's a good thing!! Welcome home for the holidays, Matt!!! - a few of us housegroupies are going skating at the forks and then to the wonderful abode of Christina's house where we will be treated like royalty and drink I'm-sure-to-be amazing home made hot chocolate! Christina, you the bomb, baby!!! I haven't gone skating on skates (usually stick with the boots or shoes, much safer and cheaper) in forever. It shall be interesting. Balance is usually a difficult thing on a good day...It shall be fun, indeed! Well, the chaos has subsided (they closed the front door) and I shall resume my role as admin/receptionist. Good day and to all a good night!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Enjoy the crazy day Steph! And good luck with the skates!

Wednesday, December 15, 2004  
Blogger Sonya said...

Have an awesome evening. (Wear lots of padding!) And say hi to Christina for me!

Wednesday, December 15, 2004  
Blogger Stephanie said...

yeah Sonya!
I actually do alright on the skates..thank goodness. Didn't die. Hope you had a good night!

Thursday, December 16, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home