truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Blessed alone time!!!

I need my alone time. If I don't have alone time I go CRAZY! Today was my alone day and I have had such a good time doing whatever I felt like doing....spending time with Jesus (which was so needed!!)..it's been amazing! It had been quite a few weeks, at least three - I think since the middle of November(?) - since I've been home for an extended period of time, besides sleeping. I woke up this morning and started what seemed like a trillion loads of laundry and then relaxed. I didn't have to wake up to an alarm clock, I didn't have anyone to entertain and I had no agenda (until 5 o'clock, that is). It was beautiful! I had such good God time. Singing words that you actually mean has such an impact. I love hearing a song and being able to completely agree and relate to the words!!! I don't mean to advertise, but I did play Yvonne's cd a lot today and just worshipped with it. I felt like I was right at home at my church. I love the Winnipeg Centre Vineyard, just to let everyone know!!! Then I got to read my Bible and actually take the time to understand what I was learning. I "studied" Psalms 23 and 24 for quite a while. Such good words of hope and truth. I love it! God is so good to us!
Then there's the subject of my bathroom. Since I haven't been home for quite a few weeks and the roomie left for her parents house at the end of last week....my bathroom, house in general actually, has been sorely neglected. I spent about an hour scrubbing my bathroom from top to bottom. Man!! Does it feel great having a clean bathroom! I love it!
So, that was kind of my day. Sleeping in till 9-9:30 ish, spending time with God and cleaning my house and clothing. Not a bad day, if I may say so myself! it's time to simplify the schedule and have at least one of these days/evenings a week. Mmm.. the sweet sound of simplicity. Jesus, thank you for taking the time for me...I desire and choose to take more time for you. Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I'm glad you had a day to yourself, its good to have a little TLC once in a while. I'm not sure I would include scrubbing my bathroom in the list of "relaxing past times", but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Hopefully this next week will allow for at least one evening of "Stephanie time". Love you!

Sunday, December 12, 2004  
Blogger Kristi said...

You go sister! Claim that alone time! It is so necessary!

Monday, December 13, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home