truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Communication

I have found a new appreciation and love for communication. God is teaching me what it means to be assertive and speak up about the hard things. As a child I would never talk about what was going on inside. If someone wanted to talk about issues, I would shut up. I became silent out of fear, out of hurt and out of anger.

A few weeks ago I was praying that God uproot the root of bitterness in Winnipeg. As I was praying He revealed to me my specific issue with bitterness. Because He's good like that. He brought people and specific events into my mind. Crap! I knew He was telling me that I had to confront this issue (and these people) so as to let go of any root that wanted to stay grounded in my heart.

On Monday I prayed and prayed about when to "communicate" with these people and what to say. I ended up going over to their house and the words just kinda spilled out. And to my glorious surprise - ALL WENT WONDERFULLY! God is SOO good! Johnny and Mary (fake names inserted) heard what I said and agreed with my hurt about the issue. Johnny told me that it must have been God for me to get enought gutts to confront them and he said that he was very proud of me.

I feel so much FREEDOM! This issue, which I have dealt with for a few years, no longer felt like an issue. Even before I confronted them I didn't think this issue was a problem anymore because I chose to get over it. However, God, the Great Physician, knowing that I had something harmful in my heart (even though I didn't even), decided to remove it for my good. Thank you, Jesus! I want to be found without any strings attached to sin, bitterness, unforgiveness, etc. I want to have a pure heart.

(You should hear my rant about forgiveness - I'm passionate about forgiveness because I've experienced, seen and tasted the sweet goodness of it!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Steph, you are such a wise women in a bunch of areas. You really have worked through a lot of forgiveness in the last few years. I am so very proud of you!

Friday, October 14, 2005  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hi...I've been reading your blog, and I like what you said about bitterness and forgiveness. Early in my journey, God lead me to deal with some things from my past. It was so liberating to go back to people and ask for forgiveness and to offer forgiveness. Joy burst forth in its place! Its wonderful.
So, good for you.
Blessings,
Mandy

Saturday, October 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home