truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

the last few days...

This weekend was incredible. My lovely family and I went to Rock Lake (the best camp in the world! Although I am biased because I've been going there for 14 years!) to see my brother for his 17th birthday bash! Shaun's birthday is technically on tomorrow, the 10th. We arrived on Friday and left early Sunday afternoon. Seeing Shaun ROCKED, being with family ROCKED and being at camp ROCKED! I had an awesome time! I got some really good, dead on prayer and enjoyed beating all the boys at King...umhum..QUEEN of the dock! (Bon, we definitely have to work on our stance and strategy of the game) I'm missing my bro and praying that he learns even more over the next two-three weeks that he's there!

Yesterday I went to a soccer game and had a blast. A few friends of mine play on the team and while they played my girl friends and I made crafts and chatted it up. Then a group of boys between the ages of 6-9 approx. came and asked which team we were cheering for. We told them we were cheering for the yellow team, the Azteks. I ended up playing football with a soccer ball with these 5 boys. They were so sweet! It made my desire for doing missions and working with kids even stronger!

These were the kids:
Josh - out going little guy, very good boy, was so obsessed with getting the soccer players autographs but really wanted me to go with him to ask them. He was stoked when 2 of them signed his hat! He plays hockey.

Alex - another out going kid. He seemed a little unable to express himself besides having his reactions to things and people come out a little violently (or boyish). He continually hit people in the face with the ball on purpose and had the best tackle I have ever seen! I had to tell him to apologize to Dema after he hit him in the nose...and he actually did! He got his hat signed too.

Bartash - he was so sweet, really cute, and he played fairly and well. He was great! He was born in Canada but his parents came from the Poland before he was born. He got his soccer ball signed by the guys.

Philip - Cute little out going kid, good at the game, very joyful. He was born in Croatia and lived there till he was 5. He said, "When I'm older I want to play soccer for Croatia, where I was born. There was a war when I was in my mommy's tummy and I had a lot of toys but I couldn't play with them. I also had a pink bike." So cute! He got his sandal signed.

Dema - he was the cutest little kid in the world! He was the youngest of the group and very sensitive. Such a good sport about playing with the bigger boys and he was so excited when Richard (on the soccer team) signed his shoulder. He had a thick Ukranian accent because he had just moved to Canada about 3 months before.

Those were the cutest little boys and it was awesome playing soccer with them. The boys were all immigrants besides Josh (who was native) and Alex (at least I think he was born in Canada) and the cultural diversity rocked! Jesus, bless these kids! May they come to know your love and truth. Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds totally awesome! God has given you a total awesome gift of an open heart to Him and His children steph.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home