truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Mom's the word!

This weekend I got to be a mom for a day!! It was awesome! I got to do respite for my 2 week old foster sister, Vivian. She came in the AM on Saturday and left Sunday PM. She is so small, so beautiful and so precious! She weighs a total of 5 pounds 13 ounces and is a beautiful bundle of joy! It was so great having some company around the house and I was impressed with the fact that she only woke up twice during the night!! Hallelujah! I'm very content with just "borrowing" my mom's foster babies and not having my own at this time. But I do love 'em!!

My mom is so good at her job! She loves these babies so well and has more patience than most people! Not only does she have a heart for the wee little ones that she takes into her home, but her heart extends towards those that birth these beautiful babes. Even though to some people (and probably to herself) it doesn't look like she has this "high and mighty calling" she does an INCREDIBLE job and such an IMPORTANT job of raising, nursing to health and healing these babies that don't have the easiest start to life. Jesus, bless my mom! I pray that every child that comes into our house will come to know Your love. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I second that...all of it!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home