truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

She put a smile on my face

This is a piece of a conversation I had with one of my clients:

"Thank you so much for helping me," she says as she bends down and puts her hearing aid box in a compartment on her walker. "I'm hearing so many sounds that weren't coming in before!"

I nod my head and smile encouragingly.

She turns her walker around proceeds to leave out of the door that I'm holding open for her and says, "My doctor says this walker is a crutch. After 8 years of walking with it I'm going to learn to walk on my own again. And then I'm going to learn how to dance! I used to dance quite a bit, you know."

I ask what type of dancing.

"Social dancing. I start on Friday. I know that I won't be able to dance right away but at least I'll be able to enjoy the music!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rocks! One of my favorite memories is of a street dance in Brandon. These two ladies in their 70s or 80s- blue hair and all joined my friends and I as we danced to the Dust Rhinos (a celtic rock band). It was so much fun to watch them dance and know they were just doing it for the fun of it.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

awww...go lady!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

I sure hope we're still dancing when we're old and deaf! There's no way ugly dancing will ever go out of style, even when we're 80. ;)

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

AMEN to the ugly dancing!!! I don't think it will ever go out of style, either! Cause whatever is in the 'ug for the era we'll just dance to! I'm pumped about being 80 and uggin' it up while dancing!
I guess our prayer then would not be "o Lord help that guy to not come and hit on me" it would be, "O Lord, please no broken hips"! how exciting!

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Joel said...

Hey Stephie,

Although I don't like dancing fast and all...when there is an opportunity to dance a slow song, I will be more than happy to dance with you. Woo HOO!!!

Love ya!

Thursday, July 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home