truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Saturday, December 17, 2005

phew

[wipes forehead, sits down, kicks her feet up and sighs]

I woke up this morning and decided it was time to "officially" move in - It was time to clean. So I've been cleaning since 11 am. It's now 9:43 pm. I took about a half hour break to eat but besides that I've been working like an addict all day. Now it feels sooo good to sit back, type this post and know that I will (hopefully) be showering and going to bed within the next hour or so.

This morning started off with a simple move of the refrigerator. Then out came the broom, two wash clothes (one for the walls, one for the floor) and the vacuum cleaner. Then I moved the stove. Then the stove "bit" me and I bled for a while. Then I washed, cleaned, moved, vaccumed, rinsed and repeated for the next 10.5 hours or so. It's official, I'm crazy!!! Now I'm ready to call this home. Home. My mess, my crap , my home.

This place smells and looks amazing!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

It REALLY REALLY DOES. You are officially my favourite roommate. (Don't tell the others...) I feel guilty though that I was feeling too crappy to help you :|

You're awesome!!!

ps. I can show you how to resize your photos so you can post them online.

pps. Is it lame that I'm typing a comment on your blog when you live in the room next to me and I could just get up to tell you this?

Saturday, December 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i for one do not believe it is lame. i live with two other girls and we msn in on 3 computers in one room :) steph, i'm happy for you! after christmas, i'm planning on many walks down your way and i love hearing your thoughts and yeah. you're the best. really.

Sunday, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

Wow! That is some intense cleaning! Hope you got a really good night's sleep after all that! Way to go!
You must feel nice now knowing the germ state of your dwellings!

Sunday, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Sounds like you did some major "spring" cleaning. Right on! Feels good hey?

Sunday, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Jac said...

yeah, so, having lived in that house for 4 years, i can officially tell you that the fridge and stove have never been moved or cleaned behind. you brave girl.

Monday, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home