truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, November 24, 2005

I took the plunge...

I bought tanning minutes. I know. I'm having a hard time accepting this myself. I'm personally not a fan of fake tanning. I don't like the idea of lying in a booth with bright, shining lights that result in me having darker skin. Doesn't sit well with me. However, today I crumbled under the pressure...I really don't want to die from sun burn in Puerto Rico (WOO WHOOO!) so I decided I'd take everyone's advice and get a base tan so I can spend my holiday in the sun and not in my hotel room!! So if I start looking oddly coloured, you know why.

Recent News:
*EVERYONE IS GETTING MARRIED!*
-Becki's awesome sister got engaged yesterday!
-I got an invite to a wedding on February 4th for my friends Janelle and Adam. I went to kindergarten with Adam!
-About a week ago I found out that my best friend from grade 6 is engaged and getting married in August! So awesome, so weird! We were supposed to marry best friends, live across the street from each other and have kids at the same time who were going to be best friends...hmm...It's crazy how times change.

I can't wait to be settled into my new house. I'm tired of being in "limbo"...the stage of not knowing where to live or being in between the process of moving. I'm done with that.

I am so blessed.
"I want to live a radical life that demands a supernatural explanation" from the pastor who spoke at Southland church on Sunday.
I want more. And I know where to get it - that's the cool part!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I'm looking forward to that trip, that's for sure!
I will be nice for you to be settled again, eh?

Friday, November 25, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Steph you really are being quite responsible by tanning before you hit the scorching Puerto-rican sun. A base tan will save your skin from the sudden shock of sunlight, and this way you won't have to worry so much about burning. :)

Weird when your childhood guy friends start getting married hey? Weddings sure are fun though!

Friday, November 25, 2005  
Blogger Joyska said...

um... not EVERYONE is getting married... and thanks for bringing that up! hahahahahahaha

I miss you girl... any chance of skipping Peurto Rico and coming back to Kansas City,Missouri? Come on... what is more exotic than that?

Heehee... have fun!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It's honestly REALLY TEMPTING! I would love to come back...go back..to KC. I miss you too! Hope you're doing fantastic!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005  
Blogger Sonya said...

I had my first tanning session today, too! A little bit freaky...and I have those doubts, too. But getting the melanin going ahead of time probably isn't bad. It would be far worse to crispify ourselves (for our skin and our vacations!)

Tuesday, November 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home