truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

SNOW DAY!!!

Yea, that's what I like to hear! My boss called me this morning and said that our company decided to have a "snow day" and I didn't have to go to work! Praise Jesus! So I chatted with my mom, said "happy 2nd birthday" to my cute foster brother, studied about the Will of God and then went back to bed and slept for another 2 hours. It was marvellous! As much as the snow means cold weather and crappy driving conditions, there's something so beautiful about it!

I found a letter that I had written to myself when I was 15 while cleaning my room this afternoon. It was a class assignment in grade 10 that my teacher mailed back to my classmates and I about a year ago (four years after it was written). Here's a part of it:

"Dear Stephanie Erin Reimer, Sept.29/00
Well now, how ya doin'? I hope you're happy, joyful and leaving your mark in this world. This is an assignment in Mrs. Gadsby's skills class. Right now it's the year 2000, but it will probably be 2004 and you - or I - will actually receive this letter.
...
A lot has happened in my life this last month. Year would probably be a better word, but hey! Kristi moved out of the house in June, but she didn't take her bed and stuff. So that was kind of difficult. Then in the beginning of September, Kristi completely moved out, bed and all! That was difficult. Man, I completely love my sister! (insert drawn picture of a heart) Speaking about love and my sister, she has found herself a man. Yes, you heard me correctly, she has found herself a man; Shane Farrow; Sex: M Age: 20 Son of: MJ! (MJ from camp)
Anyway, so yea! Her and Shane became a couple on September 8, three weeks today. I wonder if, when you (I) receive this letter, they'll be married?! 'Cause Shane will be 24 and Kristi will be 21 or 22. It's Kristi's birthday in 2 (approx.) weeks. She's going to be 18.
These are some of my predictions of what I will be doing in four years. I will be single - never had a boyfriend yet, I will be graduated, living on my own, working, maybe going on missions, and expanding in the arts and dance. Hopefully some (almost all) of these things will be true - except for the boyfriend thing.
In closing I want to pray protection (in written form) over myself, my family, my friends and my church until I get this letter - and beyond!
I hope/pray that God will work in my life and bless the people I come in contact with. Well, I don't know what else to write about, so I guess I'll say good-bye!
Until next time & with love,
Stephanie Erin Reimer

p.s: And the worshippers will worship in spirit and in truth.

p.p.s: There's this one girl in my school who goes to the Winnipeg Centre Vineyard. Her name is Amanda Saura (pronounded Sorrau) I love her. She's great. We are going to go to downpour together and we are going to have a blast. Downpour is being held at Winnipeg Centre Vineyard."

I should have known I was prophetic at that age...every single one of those predictions are true! (Even the boyfriend thing) It's wonderful! And I still love my sister that much, more actually. Kristi and Shane did get married that year and I love them both so much! Wow. So funny. God, thank you for where you've taken me and where you're bringing me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Johan Heinrichs said...

ha Stephanie Erin

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Johan Heinrichs said...

just kiddin! Yeah For snow days. I have tommorro off too! officially making it a 1 day work week! WooHoo! Bring on the good travelling weather God!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

what a neat thing to read! glad you're back safe and sound. hope you get to meet esther this sunday!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

That is so cool Steph, I love that idea of writing a letter to yoursef and then not reading it until a few years later(wanna do it again?).
Pretty amazingly awesome that it has all happened too. hee hee, Kristi and Shane had only been dating for 3 weeks, weird!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home