truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Sunday, October 30, 2005

...and that was just the beginning!!!!

So the night started out with a limo ride...and just kept getting better!

My work had a "Rockin' Soiree" yesterday. It was this huge party in the Press Club at the Ramada Hotel. This party was kickin'! We had two awesome live bands, a whole lot of people from TO, my co-workers and a wicked draw. And I mean a WICKEDLY, ROCKIN'-AWESOMELY, AWESOME WICKED DRAW!

I MEAN>>>>>>>> I WON A TRIP FOR TWO TO PUERTA RICO!!!!!
wooooo whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Puerto Rico, here I come!

I got out of the bathroom to hear "the farm boss" saying something about how much he appreciates us and something about a trip. Then one of the head guys from Starkey (a manufacturer) pulled a name out of a hat and Kyle said, "We'll be having to give a whole lot of *high-fives* after this is done" or something to that extent, and then he said MY NAME!!! And I freaked out! I ran up to them and give them multiple *high-fives* and told them "YOU REALLY ROCK!!!"

So I'm going to Puerto Rico (which is a small little island near the Dominican) in January. I am BLESSED! Thank you WHC, thank you Starkey and thank you JESUS!

The awesome part about this story is ....

Before I found out that I didn't get my apartment (last week) I had a great little convo with God on the bus on my way to work. I asked Him what I should do if I didn't get the apartment. He said, "Let's go away together" I said, "OK". So that day I found out that I did not get that apartment and I started praying about where to go and when, with God. I had got some solid "plans" formed in my mind but was really sad at the reality of it meaning that I would have to quit my job and leave Wpg. (I have come to love it and the peeps) But I decided that God has my best in mind and I wanted to follow Him no matter what it meant. God has to come before all things: people, jobs, money, places, etc. So, I started forming ze plans - stepping out in obedience.

After my name was called in the draw I heard, "Let's go away together" and I freaked out!!! So...not only does God want to go away with me (which sounds whacked out for all the non-Christians, and perhaps some of the Christians, who are reading this right now), but He is faithful to provide the place, the time, the money - EVERYTHING! He is totally pursuing me! (once again, sounding crazy!)

THANK YOU JESUS! I AM SO BLESSED. This trip is just a sprinkle on the icing of the cake. It's a drop in the huge bucket of life. But I am so thankful and so blessed! AHHHHH! WOOO WHOOOO! YEEEHHAAAAA!!!! ruff ruff! (yes, I just barked - I am that excited!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHHH!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!! RRUFF!!
(i'm that excited for you)

Monday, October 31, 2005  
Blogger hayes said...

YIPPIE! That's sooooo amazing!

Monday, October 31, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
*your going to puerto rico
your going to puerto rico
your going to puerto rico*

grrrr, ruff, ruff!

Monday, October 31, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yahhhhhh!!!!!! I'm going tooo!!!!!!!! Here we come Puerto Rico!!!!

Monday, October 31, 2005  
Blogger Johan Heinrichs said...

Wow! Congrats! God's Good. Nothing more I can say!

Monday, October 31, 2005  
Blogger Mandy said...

Congratulations! This is an awesome and encouraging testimony!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home