truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Friday, June 24, 2005

floatings and going-ons...

This weekend is a busy one!

Tonight I am delighted to have the privilege of going to the Olive Garden (yum) with my friends Kristi (sis), Alvina and Bonnie. I took my Christlikeness course with these awesome women and we're celebrating our graduation! I'm stoked! Good food and even better company!

Here's some things I got while trying to catch up on my readings for this course:

I want to be known for my strength of character and love. Our last section is on Unity and he was discussing submission. Jesus' life is the epitome of submission. Submission first to God but also submission to those in authority. Not submission that conforms your character to that persons character but submission that respects their authority and makes you more like Christ.

Jesus was not afraid to submit to people in authority because he was confident that God's greater authority would transform any injustice into justice. God is that good!

This weekend I'm going to Kenora (area) with my beautiful girlfriends Rachelle, Becki and Bonnie! We're going to visit Rachelle's hubby Matt while he's tree planting in the middle of no-mans-land. It's going to be PRIME PRAYING time! We're heading out into the middle of the bush while the planters are working and praying like crazy in the wilderness! Jesus, would you bless and protect everyone this weekend! Keep us safe, uneaten from mosquito's and help us to be living examples of your righteousness and love!

Monday I get back and head straight to Christina's to get ready for Matt and Jac's WEDDING!! Wooo whoo! Congrats guys! it's going to be a partay!

Tuesday I have a day off. Thank you Jesus!

Jesus, bless all of the Ethiopians living in Winnipeg. Would you protect all of those in Ethiopia. Bring your peace and your love. There was just an Ethiopian parade down Portage Avenue with signs saying "stop the massacre" and so on. There's a political uproar.

speaking of upROAR why do women all of a sudden think it's okay to walk around half naked!?!?! At the beach is one thing, but wearing nothing more than underwear on the bus makes me a little....ANGRY! We don't need to see that!

I'm done now. Have a great weekend all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

have a great weekend! be safe and have lots of fun with your buddies in the wilderness! it was a very yummy way to start the weekend last night! mmmmmm....bread sticks and raspberry iced tea!

Saturday, June 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home